Moz

Wollaton Hall Museum

I have lots of great memories of time spent at Wollaton Park. When I was little I used to walk there with my grandfather. On the way back we would sometimes stop and go in the Post Office in Wollaton Village. The crazy paved path and the windows with the big bubbles in fascinated me. In the park we would go around the lake and look for grey squirrels! There were lots of red ones. Grey squirrels were a novelty then, before they became pests. When I was older I went there with friends and as a teenager it was a good place to meet boyfriends on Sunday afternoon!

• Upvote 1

katyjay    3,301

David, it looks like everyone is pleading the fifth. If they admit to them ever being there, they'll be accused of nicking 'em.

catfan    8,746

#27.

My guess is that this loony labour council flogged em for scrap to go towards funding that wretched tram !

Bilbraborn    1,563

Same here. Loved the hosses but goodness didn't the place pong.

Catonine    3

On ‎23‎/‎02‎/‎2016 at 2:05 PM, DavidL said:

Is someone going to tell me about the missing cannons or not!!!

There are two small brass cannon down near the Tudor kitchens...

MargieH    3,347

When we visited this weekend, there were two cannons just inside the main door.  The gorilla is on the top floor with the African animal displays.  The gorilla didn't look as big as I remember him, but there again I'm not a little girl any more.   Our grandchildren mainly wanted to see the gorilla and the giraffe but we had to walk through all of the other exhibits on the first floor to get to them.  These were interesting as well, though

Bing    58

Just before  I left Nottingham and came to live in Thailand in October 2001, I showed my wife around Nottingham including Wollaton Hall.  There was back then a guided tour available, which we took.  There was only the guide and my wife and I on the tour so he took us everywhere including not only the tunnels under the front of the hall, but up into the large ballroom on the second floor  and then out onto the roof.   Wonderful views from up there.wollaton-hall-roof_zpsg5iynhuz.jpg

• Upvote 4

Bing    58

If you are wondering who took the photo if there was only myself and my wife on the tour, it was a female member of staff who was in the ballroom.