surely you don't expect the lady of the house to do all the cooking,cleaning,washing up,clothes washing,digging the garden,washing the car AND understand recycling,Fly,you are a hard man

Rog

• Upvote 1

The answer is that you should do it yourself FLY.  None of this "telling your wife to do it". Nobody would DARE to TELL me to do something. I will gladly do most things when ASKED!!

• Upvote 5

Blimey, here we go ! I invariably do  do it myself Lizzie , don't worry ! 

I believe I did ask, but I'm afraid some people can't differentiate between ASK and TOLD.

#26 - You mean there some that don't? For goodness sake what is the world coming to?   Ee when I were a lad....

• Upvote 2

Re # 26. Rog, I always wash the car!

^^^  There's a gag about Fly Tipping in there somewhere.. but I just can't quite make it work...  :)

My wonderful lady wife is more keen on recycling than me. She takes labels off cans and puts them in the paper recycling bag.  I also recycle paper, metal glass and plastic containers, food waste and 'green waste'. But I'm not quite as 'obsessive' as Mrs Col. I don't go into a melt down if I absent mindedly drop an eggshell into the general waste rather than the food waste.

I also suffer like Fly.  I keep a small plastic container on the drainer for uncooked veggie bits.  It is deliberately small because I don't want a compost heap in the kitchen and it is emptied daily into my compost bin. But.. Mrs Col will suddenly dump a semi liquid Cucumber.. or a couple of brown bananas, or a bag of rancid 'mixed leaves' either in or on top of my little container and expect me to sort it out...

Drives me nuts.

Our local council is now introducing a £30 annual charge for emptying Green Bins.  I can't really blame them since they are not obliged to offer this service and they have suffered cut after cut in funding from Central Govt.  I'm still considering whether to pay up because I compost most stuff and only put nasty weeds and large prunings in the Green Waste.  Could be cheaper just to drive the 5 miles to the nearest Recycling Centre a few times a year.  More worrying is that we will get an increase in garden rubbish fires smoking all day and night and an increase in Fly Tipping into the fields and hedgerows.

We already have a problem with 'Fly Tipping'. in certain places.. mercifuly not close to here.  The annoying thing is it is mostly household rubbish.. old appliances etc..  Makes no sense as the Council offers a FREE bulky rubbish collection service.  Also any number of charities will collect stuff if it has any value and any thing left at the end of your drive is mysteriously and efficiently collected by the local 'Tatters'...  Just have to be careful not to leave your mower out front.. or that will go too..  :wacko:

Col

• Upvote 1

Fly tipping and litter is currently my pet hate. There was a piece on the local news last night, whereby someone had dumped a truckload of junk at the entrance to Attenborough Nature Reserve for goodness sake. Have they no shame whatsoever ?

Re # 33, I remember when my nephew, about 15 years ago, wanted to clean my car when I was visiting them one weekend.

He's the sort who would remove bird pooh with a scouring pad. Needless to say, I declined the offer !

• 11 months later...
On 5/9/2017 at 10:19 AM, FLY2 said:

Fly tipping and litter is currently my pet hate. There was a piece on the local news last night, whereby someone had dumped a truckload of junk at the entrance to Attenborough Nature Reserve for goodness sake. Have they no shame whatsoever ?

No, none whatsoever.

• Upvote 1