Gascoigne falls once more

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I once went 10 years without a drop of alcohol passing my lips. Then my 11th birthday broke the streak.

Its easy to criticise,but I don't think any one knows or understands the mind and the Demons with-in it............

Paul Gascoigne may be a "dick head" but please don't forget he is also ill. Alcoholism is not easy to quit especially when the stuff is all around us. Please note my post(#5) concerning this with my

I think that some people seem to get addicted to alcohol, nicotine and gambling more than easily than others.......

I run an addictions advisory service charity and counsel people with their addiction problems. I could say an awful lot on this subject and see the fallout from the effects of alcohol and other addictions on a daily basis, the great sadness and suffering they cause.

There are several theories as to why some can be more subject to alcoholism but I'm not here to convince anybody of these. These include the presence of a disease model, genetics and risk-averse behaviour or more appropriately, the lack of it.

Bubblewrap - I'd just like to say that I'm sorry for what you had to go through with your partner. I see these situations often and understand the heartache they provide. Take care of yourself my friend.

• Upvote 2

You are right Margie,and it depends on what profession the victim is in,loads of musicians,which are applauded on here have behaved disgracefully in the past due to addictions.

Recently that train of thought is more cautionary.. Amy Whinehouse being a case in point.The parents,spouses and children are victims also.

As we seem to have strayed off topic#15-

You certainly expressed your true beliefs in 'liking' post #131,in the

Where Did My Topic Go? thread.

I thought we were talking about an ex- footballer.. never mind..answering this should make you 28,636!!

Exactly, non Forest fans just don't understand do they.

• 4 weeks later...

#12 Old Gazza best turn up I've got £80 quid tickets, If you can't make that Gazza's doing Mansfield Palace theater on 19th May, could get a bus up? be a cracking night out £35 - £66 quid what a bargain.

So how did it go?

The Wife beating 'cock' Mick..............was still a great player,..........as was the cheat Maradona........and the 'Dogging' Collymore.

• Upvote 1

The Wife beating 'cock' Mick..............was still a great player,..........as was the cheat Maradona........and the 'Dogging' Collymore.

Girlfriend-beating Colleymore if I recall.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/5403411/Martin-Geissler-on-truth-about-Stan-Collymore-and-Ulrika-Jonsson-attack.html

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/110009.stm

Yes forgot about that Stu,...................you could make a long list of current players misdameaners........but very few could be called 'Great' as well.

• Upvote 1

The mardiest players also turn out to be of a similar temperament in everyday life.

#41 For you sir.

'Review: An Evening With... Paul Gascoigne, Theatre Royal, Nottingham

By NottmPostEG | Posted: January 10, 2016

By Ian Page

The greatest English footballer of his generation, Paul Gascoigne, was in Nottingham performing his no-holds-barred stage show at the Royal Concert Hall.

As a huge football fan, this was an exciting prospect for me but I have to admit, along with a few others I spoke to, that we arrived with a little trepidation as for what the evening held in store.

But we needn't have worried – Despite all of his much publicised personal issues Gazza, as he's known around the world, would be on fine form later in the evening.

He was supported by Master of Ceremonies, Mark Peters and Britain's Got Talent finalist and comedian Danny Posthill, who got everyone in the mood with jokes and a wide range of impressions from Steven Gerrard to Family Guy's Peter Griffin.

Paul arrived on stage at about 9pm to a rapturous reception.

He was seated in a relaxed armchair, and was questioned by the man who is widely regarded as saving his life, Terry Baker, in a chat show type format.

He started with his early career and schoolboy trials at Ipswich Town and Middlesbrough before talking about signing for his beloved Newcastle United, where he became a star.

Gazza went on to tell a host of hilarious stories about his football career, admitting to being scared to death by Vinnie Jones.

After promising Sir Alex Ferguson he'd sign for Man United, he then went onto play for Tottenham for £2.2 million after his family asked for a house and car.

His first training session was eventful to say the least – he ended up turning up in his car with an ostrich from a zoo.

Stories of messing around and mischief just flowed from him, including; playing tennis in the early hours before the World Cup semi-final, driving a London bus, crashing the Middlesbrough team coach, signing for Boston United because he'd thought it was Boston USA not the town in Lincolnshire and receiving death threats from the IRA after the Old Firm Flute playing incident.

Stories of his affection for Sir Bobby Robson during Italia 90 and beyond were well received and he admitted that Bryan Robson was the greatest player he's ever played alongside.

After being asked what was his proudest moment was, he replied saying playing for England was the pinnacle and how it saddened and angered him when Theo Walcott didn't celebrate with the fans after scoring in Estonia, because after all it's the fans who make it all worthwhile.

It was an entertaining evening, finished off by a standing ovation from the packed out audience.

The hour that Paul was on stage flew by – for all his personal life troubles over the years no one can doubt that Paul Gascoigne is a football legend.

The entire show felt like he'd just nipped round to your house for a cup of coffee and chat about his incredible career.'

• Upvote 3

I have I'm afraid. I've been called it several times by a couple of people.

it must be because I'm an only one. I'm misunderstood. LOL

• Upvote 2

And both had the same problem/addiction but no one is criticising George

I have lived with an alcoholic & am aware of the problems they can cause as a rule it's the alcohol that's the problem & not the person.

• Upvote 2

Its easy to criticise,but I don't think any one knows or understands the mind and the Demons with-in it............

• Upvote 4

I suppose I'm one of the lucky ones.

I've always enjoyed a drink(started well before my 18th) but can always have a few dry days each month.

And anyway the price of beer in the pubs(i dont enjoy beer as much at home) keeps my quantity down.

Not had a drink this year so far. :jumping: :jumping: :jumping:

• Upvote 1