Turney family tree

Is anybody interested in the Turney family of Nottingham? The famous one is Sir John Turney of the leather works at Trent Bridge. But I'm interested in finding the earlier ones.

There's a whole bunch of them, probably brothers and sisters, who were born in Lenton between c1808 and 1820 and they tend to have biblical names like Samuel, Abraham and Isaac. But I can find none of their baptisms, nor indeed their parents. I suspect they were non-conformist and the registers of whatever chapel they attended are now lost.

There was also a family of Turneys in the Chilwell/Attenborough area.

Any help most gratefully received, even just a pointer!

There are some non-conformist baptism records on Ancestry but no Turneys.

Did they marry? Marriage certs should at least give the fathers name - well, if they married after 1837.

Have you checked the Family search and the Free Reg websites`? There are some Notts baptisms, too, on the FindmyPast website. Nottm newspapers for some the period are also online.

Did any of them leave wills, which may have mentioned family members

Thank you very much for these pointers, I'll follow them up. The main one I'm interested in, Isaac Turney, a blacksmith of Lenton, married just before 1837. I use "Brothers Keeper" to hold all my data and I have started a separate database just for Turneys of Nottingham. It makes it so much easier.

• 11 months later...

Hi there, I am descended from Isaac's brother David and have done extensive research on the Turney family over the years. The reason for not finding baptisms of the family is because they were Baptists. 

Would be be interested in anyone who wishes to contact me.