My Blog & My Pics

Hi, if anybody is interested I've set up a couple of new sites/areas recently.

One is my blog which will contain my ramblings/memories of things like Nottingham of the past and my childhood.

The other contains some of my photos, mainly wildlife & nature.

Links:

Blog - https://mauricemooreblog.wordpress.com/

Photos - https://youpic.com/photographer/mauricemoore/

• Upvote 8

Thanks Moz, I've enjoyed reading your Blog very much and it's stirred a few memories for me ........ Mods, the clothes, the music, the clubs, the coffee bars, Skeggie. The 1960s was a wonderful decade to be a teenager.

• Upvote 2

Very interesting Blog,but driving a DKW scooter in the 60s just not the way to go Sunshine.I knew most of the Scooters that is Vespas and Lambrettas in the Nottm area,but a DKW can not recall seeing

one of them

in Nottingham.

• Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Moz,

I can remember being at so many of those gigs......the PP Arnold gig at the Brit only seems like yesterday .....!!!!LOL

Not sure if you know but Andy Fairwearther Low appearing next month at the flowerpot Derby ?......hope you , Micky and Dawn all well ?

• Upvote 1

Wow, seen most of those acts, especially the Dungeon, Beachcomber and Boat Clubs. Never to be forgotten days. Why did the 60's have to end ?

• Upvote 1

I actually preferred the blues and pop / rock bands to the soul acts. However, all nights at the Dungeon were great.

Jesse Fuller, I seem to remember him playing guitar with his feet at one point.

• Upvote 1

I well remember a cold snowy Sunday night at the Beachcomber. The Aynsley Dunbar Retaliation were delayed by snow on the M1 and were about two hours late turning up. There were only about forty people in attendance, but it was an absolutely brilliant night.

Well done Aynsley & the boys.

I didn't take to Soul Bands as they invariably had brass in the backing, I just couldn't cope with trombones and trumpets. ... Now guitars... That's a different kettle of fish. Fleetwood Mac, Chicken Shack, Gary Farr & the T Bones, and Jess Roden Band.

• Upvote 1
  • 5 weeks later...

Love reading your Blogs Moz. Although I've never been able to skate without hanging on to the side wall I found Micky's Part 2 fascinating, great memories for her too.

• Upvote 1

Hi Moz,

Reading Micky's blog bought back so many memories.....I had lessons with Monty Redhead until my love of athletics led me to train at Harvey Hadden stadium ...Recognise a lot of people on those photos including Norma Bowmar ........think she lived at Underwood ?

• Upvote 1

Hi Moz,

Reading Micky's blog bought back so many memories.....I had lessons with Monty Redhead until my love of athletics led me to train at Harvey Hadden stadium ...Recognise a lot of people on those photos including Norma Bowmar ........think she lived at Underwood ?

Micky confirms that Norma lived at Underwood - as she went over there for tea. She doesn't remember everyone's names - can you help please. For example, on the picture with Monty Readhead, there is Norma and Micky, do you know the young man's name - she thinks it might be Keith and she thinks he was a hairdresser.

I think it was Keith ....was his surname Wright ?

The names I remember were Norma, Vivienne and Paddy Dean ( west bridgford ) Alan Hickman ,Sandra Aram ( think they use to dance together, Sandra from Aspley, Alan Hucknall or Bulwell ).......the rest will come to me later ......the lady that made the skating dresses lived up bluebell hill road st Ann's .......

• Upvote 1

I think it was Keith ....was his surname Wright ?

The names I remember were Norma, Vivienne and Paddy Dean ( west bridgford ) Alan Hickman ,Sandra Aram ( think they use to dance together, Sandra from Aspley, Alan Hucknall or Bulwell ).......the rest will come to me later ......the lady that made the skating dresses lived up bluebell hill road st Ann's .......

Correct, Chrissie, it was Keith Wright - the photo had become detached from its page in the album, where it had his name. Norma, Vivienne and Paddy are all on the photos, but she doesn't remember Alan and Sandra.