4k Smart TVs

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The thin TV's don't have speakers, they use transducers, no way in the world will they sound good, because they are so small they only reproduce high frequency sounds. For good sound reproduction, yo

That's a very valid point. The highest frequency the human can hear is around 20,000 Hz. Many folk aged 60+ may not manage to pick up half that, certainly applies to me. Good job we can hear (and feel

Bravia40x,samsung ue55ju6800,5mbpx netflix,bandwidth5mbtx,streaming,.............i know ive woke up this morning,but what planet am i on ?

I think it's 4000 pixels per inch or summat, John. I was looking at some in best buy the other day. There is no doubt the picture quality is superb. I wondered what they could do to improve 1080p. Now I know. If I were to be in the market for a new tv today I would buy one, but my old 1080 hd is going to have to do for a while longer. You can't get nowt for a second hand telly no matter how good it might be.

It's alright buying a 4K TV, but what are you going to watch that's broadcast in 4K?

At the moment, there is only one channel in the UK that is offering 4K, but you need to have BT Infinity fibre broadband and a BT Sport subscription to get it. Otherwise, you can watch some content on Netflix, etc, but again you need fast, preferably unlimited, broadband and a compatible player.

Me too. One of the worst cars I ever had.

Rob, #7.

May not be much, if any 4k broadcast right now, but I think I read that they have the hardware and software already aboard to upscale whatever signal you put into them. I stand to be corrected on that.

It usually comes down to the same issue when new tech comes in. Do I wait for more content? Intro of colour tv was a good example of that, as was stereo radio. Or do I buy a set and by doing so encourage producers to put out more content?

Wouldn't brag in the neighborhood about it. It might not be there when I got home. LOL.

• Upvote 1

I have two sets and, a plasma that I want to change because I want a bigger screen and Plasma is quite heavy on juice.

That will go to the father in law who has had a stroke and is immobile, spends much of his time watching sky sport on a small TV in his room.

If I am buying, I am not going to buy outgoing technology, when the next generation is available at good prices at the moment.

Look at this one http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/hisense/ltdn58k700xwtse/hise-ltdn58k700xwtse

We've got one of them, bought it 3 months ago from Currys. An LG 4K OLED curved telly. Great picture quality but I don't see the real benefit of having a curved TV. Not sure but I believe you have to buy a sound bar as an extra.

I had driving lessons in a Vauxhall Viva in 1969!

• Upvote 1

Trouble with TVs these days is that they can be too complex to operate. Even changing from one source to another can be difficult for anyone who hasn't read the manual for the remote control.

:):):):)

• Upvote 2

I've just got a new tv, DVD, and a little box thingy to watch stuff from my iPad on TV.

I've got four bloody remotes, but have written out an idiot sheet noting it all down.

• Upvote 1

The Hisense looks a lot of telly for that money. Unproven brand but the 5 year guarantee adds peace of mind. Richer Sounds comes high for customer satisfaction in the Which? ratings too. Certainly worth a trip down Mansfield Rd for a look and listen.

I can't understand this need for a soundbar. I never have it on loud anyway........ Except when rock music is on. LOL