4k Smart TVs

Still a Chinese company though Mick, chances are the ones imported this side of the pond are made in China.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The thin TV's don't have speakers, they use transducers, no way in the world will they sound good, because they are so small they only reproduce high frequency sounds. For good sound reproduction, yo

That's a very valid point. The highest frequency the human can hear is around 20,000 Hz. Many folk aged 60+ may not manage to pick up half that, certainly applies to me. Good job we can hear (and feel

Bravia40x,samsung ue55ju6800,5mbpx netflix,bandwidth5mbtx,streaming,.............i know ive woke up this morning,but what planet am i on ?

We are not in the market for a new TV, the Westinghouse is only just over two years old, the Vizio has only a few months use on it, none since I replaced the lightning damaged main board. So going to be a few more years before we need an upgrade, by then they should have come down a lot in price.

Whirlpool fridges are made in China, not sure but I'd hazard a guess Sears are too.

Our Vizio was bought from Tiger Direct, in Florida, it was a "refurbished" TV. Very nice picture too, and auto LED backlight, that alters according to room lighting.

Went to Asda in bridgeford to collect new specs & saw one of those Hisense telly's, me & Mrs Catfan were amazed at the picture quality !

After a few pints in Lyoyds Bar (Wetherspoons) in Hockley had a wander up to RS, one left Catfan, I'll have it said I ! BUT then noticed the stand would not fit on my glass TV stand noblue

Damn & blast I said to mesen, after a little ponder I bought a 55" Panasonic Viera LED 4K UHD TV, delivered next week !

• Like 1

The stand is on 4 small 1cm x 2cm footprints, making cleaning a doddle.

My TV is now mounted on a tilt and shift wall stand with the bottom edge about 4ft off the ground.

I have to say that is far more comfortable to watch than when it was on the stand.

The TV stand is not swappable but I used a small table next to the TV stand and plonked

it on both. But I do now prefer viewing by looking up slightly. Like being at the Flicks :)

• 3 weeks later...

I saw 55inch 4k at Fry's $699 & it was a LG which is the brand that I think has the best picture

But until my old one quits not spending the money. I can already see the raindrops when watching Barclays premier league footy.

Which Fry's?

I spent may hours in Fry's over the years on my Visits to LA.

Mainly Burbank, North Hollywood Way or City of Industry stores.

Long way to go for a 4K TV, even after mail in rebates

Had a 4k tv for over a year now but the only 4k I have ever watched is a demo channel on sat. Streaming 4k is beyond the reach of most peoples bandwidths however the advantage of the modern TV's as already pointed out by Caftan is their connectivity to your home network, with the right software you can throw away your cable and subscriptions to streaming sites. anything that is made can be streamed free gratis and for nothing provided you know where to go and take adequate protection against malware and over aggressive ads and streaming is not illegal.

Bandwidth not a problem for me, Netflix want 25MB for 4K download speed, my Virgin Media is 158MB, talking of Netflix you can have as much as you like including 4K content for £8.99 per month. No wonder people are ditching Sky & Virgin Media etc.

As for illegal streaming, from what I've seen it's mostly crap. Poor picture & sound quality, content channels here one day & gone the next ! No thanks.

I have a large DVD library of films & intend to "Rip" the lot on tt my HDD & stream to any TV in the house, already made a start.!

• Like 1

As we have only 1.5mb connection, it's difficult to stream movies to watch directly, so what I do is set the stb to download HD movies over night via Navi-X. Some nights I've been successful in downloading as many as ten movies, other nights just one. Depends on how busy the servers are where the movies are located.

I like Netflix & nowtv but you get to a point where you have watched what they have and the temptation to watch the latest series & episodes is just too great. If you shop around you can get up to 720p so the quality is ok. I am restricted to about 5mbps and cable isn't available.

Mick2me its the Sacramento Frys or the Concord one if I fly in with my mate. 25 miles either one.

Get to fly his Cessna 422 Skymaster just like the one in Bat21, Love that airplane.

• Upvote 2

Mick, Bubblewrap.

If you missed the one you'll never get another one

Bee-dee Bee-dee Bom-bom to San Fernando - Johhny Duncan

Don't suppose The Last Train to Clarksville - The Monkees would be any good either

or The Last Train to Dobcross - Oldham Tinkers

This site often sends me off on tangents. I've just spent an hour on YouTube listening to "Last Train" songs found 20 without too much effort.

• Upvote 1

One from here might not work on the UK standards Mick...

On retailers, I see Tiger Direct have gone tits up, a crying shame as they had so many bargains all the time.. Going to have to seek other sources for computer components now.

OK, just did some research, HD TV's will work in any country, doesn't matter where bought, as long as the correct voltage is observed.

off to Currys/PCWorld tomorrow think i am going to buy the Samsung ue55ju6800, anyone got one or know of better set, hope i get a good tv, the one i have now is Bravia40ex703

Currys PC World? Are you mad?

Best deal is here

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/samsung-ue55ju6800-led-4k-ultra-hd-nano-crystal-smart-tv-55-with-freeview-hd-built-2359012

Also sold by RicherSounds and no doubt John Lewis, who will price match.

If you become a Richer Sounds VIP member (free) you get 6 years warranty.