Ricardo Moniz

Trew needs to go next! Or get someone else to interview the next applicant. Might not be a bad idea to give Mike Edwards the position. He knows the team & they know him. Have a go Mike, you cant do any worse than the last lot have.

• Upvote 1

I'm not terribly surprised to read this. Chairman Trew has a trigger-happy reputation and Moniz has not covered himself in glory, nor engendered much confidence in his time at Meadow Lane

He's signed around 20 players (?) on a top-end budget for a League Two club and clearly has found it difficult to get those players to perform well together. He has made some classic errors, particularly with changing the team wholesale and playing decent players out of position.

Ultimately, as Brian Clough would have mischievously offered, the Chairman should look at himself. He has made some truly poor appointments - including asking Moniz to operate at a level of football he clearly does not understand.

I fear for Notts' future - I really do.

• Upvote 1

I think stability is not a word that could have been used at Meadow Lane in a very long time, mate. They should put a revolving door on the manager's office in that stadium. Point of fact, both city clubs have an abysmal record in this respect over the past few years.

I really don't understand some of Ray Trew's managerial appointments, Keith Curle, Chris Kiowmya? Ricardo Moniz may have good coaching experience but he seemed a square peg in a round hole in this job.

Probably many won't agree but I liked Shaun Derry. He had his faults but I thought he was a good 'fit' for Notts in many ways. I'd have been interested to see what he could have done with the type of funding that Moniz has reportedly been given.

I think the rot set in many years ago.And people seem to have also ripped Notts off..several greedy managers/and an ex pub landlord spoke to the players like dirt.I honestly thought when Schmeichel was in goal..that would provide some kind of cornerstone.. they flogged him up the road..yer man who went to Wednesday sold out too!!( dream boss?) Martin O'Neill and a blank cheque book.

Seems to me like many of the candidates are much of a muchness. It's not rich pickings but there'll never be a shortage of candidates - just those of real quality or promise. Notts need to 'get lucky' with up and coming guy.

Personally and I don't expect too many to agree, I'd have gone for Nigel Clough whilst he was still available.

#12 Iain McCulloch was a terrific player for Notts County, a great finisher from any angle, dogged, wily and pacy. He could put it about a bit too! I attended the Anglo-Scottish tie against Kilmarnock when he played against Notts. Jimmy obviously could spot a player.

http://killiefc.com/DoYouRemember/IainMcCulloch.htm

I think the rot set in many years ago.And people seem to have also ripped Notts off..several greedy managers/and an ex pub landlord spoke to the players like dirt.I honestly thought when Schmeichel was in goal..that would provide some kind of cornerstone.. they flogged him up the road..yer man who went to Wednesday sold out too!!( dream boss?) Martin O'Neill and a blank cheque book.

If we're honest Notts have done bugger all of any note since Mick Walker was sacked in 1994, apart from the brief resurrection under Sam Allardyce.

Agree, Gibbo. He was the one to stick to and let him grow with the club I felt. Notts fans don't seem to agree generally I notice.

He has his faults like everyone else but I felt he had integrity, was a good guy with some ability and potential and should have been given time. Slightly starved of funds - unlike the last manager - it would have been interesting to see what might have happened if they had persevered with him.

• Upvote 1

If we're to believe bookmakers odds (and no, I don't think we necessarily should) then Jamie Fullarton, former development coach at Forest has jumped dramatically to the head of queue to be appointed as Notts manager tomorrow lunchtime.

If so, it looks like a classic Chairman Trew decision. Fullarton has no managerial experience whatsoever and is a complete rookie. He left Forest citing that he wanted to get into management.

Whatever the final decision on the new man, I sometimes think that Notts' leader could do worse than canvass the club's beleaguered and rapidly disappearing fanbase. His decision making regarding managers is generally truly hopeless.

http://www.nottinghampost.com/Notts-County-set-unveil-new-manager-Monday-press/story-28490071-detail/story.html

Twelve months..... Four more likely.

• Upvote 1