Ricardo Moniz

Well spotted Stu, just testing. LOL

• Upvote 1

:)

Seriously, i wonder what Trew is playing at? He apparently calls this appointment 'not a gamble'. He's just employed a guy who has never, ever managed a club before - that's what I call a gamble.

I'm a person who likes to see all the local clubs do well and this does nothing to bring the local scene out of the doldrums it's generally been in for a little time now.

There is a certain arrogance about Ray Trew which I think is easily detectable. He seems like a typical chairman who knows nothing about football but thinks he's an expert. He should go and talk to the Notts fans. Pretty sure they'll be livid - and extremely worried - about this choice.

Brian Clough was a complete one-off genius. Are you suggesting that Fullarton might be in the same bracket?

He doesn't even fulfill Trew's own very recently uttered criteria for a new manager - a man with managerial experience at League One/ League Two level.

• Upvote 1

Brian Clough was a complete one-off genius. Are you suggesting that Fullarton might be in the same bracket?

No idea - just saying there's a precedent for this kind of 'gamble'. I could also cite Graham Taylor at Lincoln City. Sometimes this kind of appointment can pay off - more often it doesn't of course!

I've love everyone to be wrong and Ray Trew to be right, Merthyr, really would. I don't see that happening, mate.

I think he has gone for another cheap option and a manager he can 'control'. Considering how much he has laid out on players this season it seems like a gamble he didn't need to take. The club desperately needed experience at this level. The lack of it is partly the reason the last manager collected his P45.

• Upvote 1

Trew penny pinching again Stu. I know we have to thank him for rescuing Notts when we were down and nearly out but come on, surely he can pay a few bob for a decent manager at that level? I fear for Notts, I really do...

You're maybe right, mate. It seems strange though when you think about how much as been invested in the ridiculously huge squad they have this season though?

I notice some Notts fans are of the opinion that he likes to have a 'puppet' in the managerial seat. There is an inference that he interferes in teams matters but I have no idea about that.

It's hard to see the way forward for Notts. Some are clamouring for him to sell the club but there can't be too many possibly suitors out there due arguably to the slight basket case that the club has become.

They'd probably do better with Fiona Fullerton in charge ! LOL

• Upvote 1

Not particularly a Nott's fan but not a hater either, spent many an afternoon down the lane with my dad and sister. They would do well to find someone similar to Colin Calderwood who knows the division, is calm and collected and has contacts at Man.U or some other breeder of youngsters. He did an excellent job for Florest and someone in a similar vain could do well at Notts, You can't have a manager on a budget. They need to get the club back to a professional footballing mentality.