Watched it right through, despite the music and periodic buffering. What was the name of the shop near the Odeon which had the concave windows, and wasn't Drury Hill used as a film location for Sons and Lovers? The County Tavern was part of the Lace Market Hotel the last time I dropped in; I hear that the hotel has closed, but what about the County Tavern?

1965..I was 4?

Nottingham I remember throughout my whole childhood was a host of house clearance and building, or sites flattened and used as carparks. However I did like the fine shop fronts in town,with varnished timbers and sun canopies. Parts were grim..walk around Forest Fields and Radford Rd.now- still grim!,lots of residents on my street refused St.Anne's and called them " modern slums". In the 70s shops and streets began to change..and the Golden Mile malarkey took off!!

The Hockley area was awful..until G.force and Roxy threads and Midland Group Gallery etc..brought in attraction. Mushroom books hung in for a good while.when I visit Nottingham I always look above the shop window.. little has changed.That bus shelter on Hunto used to scare me!

Never forget poor misfortunates collecting blood oranges and discarded food near Central Market and snenno.

Thanks, Cliff. Maybe there should be a FAQ forum. I'm pretty new to this and am reluctant to wade through 10 years of postings.

There is a FAQ, Jim. Also the search box is very helpful, ' concave windows ' in there for example, would have bought up the thread Cliff Ton mentions. ;)

I think b&w makes it look a bit grim. Saturday Night and Sunday Morning comes to mind as emphasizing some of the depressive aspects of those days. As I remember it though it really wasn't so bad. Thanks for posting Cliff.

Edited to add.

Withe regards to the music. If you've ever done any video editing you find that most editing software comes with some built in royalty free music. The quality varies. Tends to be like musak. You can use other music from your collection, but if you plan to upload it to YT watch out! The copy-write police will be on you. I uploaded some of my own playing of a Bach piece privately for my families viewing only. I got a copywrite warning! Good grief! Bachs music is over 200 years old and is long out of copy-write. I challenged it and they backed down, but it is a minefield.

• Upvote 1

Thanks for posting .

What road were the buses going down at the end of the video ?

Looked like a number 36.

My God, talk about depressing.

#1 Thanks for posting this great film Cliff Ton. I turned the sound off on the laptop and concentrated on the interesting scenes. Points of special interest were seeing moving pictures of Mount Street Bus station and the white 1100 car. My dad had one but not until 1966. Great memories. The Ladies sign on the brick wall: was this the loos at Mount Street?

Why worry about the music. The footage was pure gold. As always life is what you make it (to the best of your ability) and for me the 60s were great times, even though I was always in detention at school and in trouble from my mum. But then, I was always a little s..t.

My dad had a cine camera from as far back as I can remember but mostly did family holidays. I have reels and reels of film but very little on location in Nottingham. Maybe one day I will be able to afford to get them onto something more modern.

• Upvote 2

The Ladies sign on the brick wall: was this the loos at Mount Street?

No idea ! When I first saw the film I thought that was a strange subject to point a camera at. Even creepier, immediately after that shot is a close-up of a man's face which seems to imply he was some kind of Peeping Tom. Nottingham was obviously full of people with weird interests and habits in the mid 60s.

• Upvote 4

#20 An interesting point Cliff Ton! I had not picked up on that probably because I was viewing this excellent film in the context of those times. These days we are more aware of behaviour and its implications. I just could not remember if Mount Street bus station had any loos.

Time to watch it again!

• Upvote 1

Re #22 - BilboroughShirley - I don't think there were any loos at the actual bus station, but I have a vague recollection of them being down by the bus park around the corner of Mount Street and Granby Street. I think they were a bit grim too !

• Upvote 1

#1 brilliant film of Nottingham 1965 .(I wasn t born then..I was born in 1973) so it's nice to see what used to be like makes me wish was still like that be something to rival say Yorks shambles..

Wish I d have taken photos quite few years ago of garners hill befor it became comtempary museum.. As did some gardening work on it with fellow workers sometimes. And befor we heard was going to be a museum built on there.we had a look in the caves there...my fellow worker had key to open padlock.was narrow and tight squeeze could only go so far in and it opened into a bigger cave area.

• Upvote 4