Carrington Street Canal Street

28 minutes ago, benjamin1945 said:

Can't recall where their shop was..

Ben, didn't Gunn and Moore have a shop in Trinity square, next to the Dolphin pub? It was opposite the City Treasurers - we got our badminton kit from there. A girl I worked with, Shelley, was married to Mike Smedley the cricketer. We managed to wangle discounts on our kit and gear. I'm sure it was Gunn and Moore, but will stand corrected by the passage of time!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Dont recall it Phil......getting owd mate...........do remember Mike Smedley though............

Gunn and Moore did have a shop in Trinity Square. I believe the shops were taken over by Redmayne's but the bat making business continued under its own name. Although they still manufacture in Nottingham they are owned by the Unicorn sports group based in Scotland.

• Like 1

Is that how its looks now CT, or is it an artists impression? Not been around that area for a few years so don't know.

Do I take it then, it's just the shopping centre that's causing controversy? It seems to us outlanders that there's a great deal of oohing and ahhing over what to do with that area.