My mother often took me in that hotel for a treat,especially after going through the mill at the eye hospital, there were 3 co-op shops,co-op petrol pumps..then the big store itself,anyone recall the glass "sweety" booth of the co- op adjacent to Ron's barbers??

#3. Maison Leslie - sounds better than Les the barber. I wonder how much the word Maison added to the price of a haircut!

That is a lovely picture Michael, having gone to school and to church in this area it brought back some lovely memories. Just up From the rear of the Jaguar was The Amoy Chinese restaurant, Tess's cafe..who went on to run The Dorchester.I had to read some Hilaire Belloc at a poetry night,and got a new tweed jacket from Steeples,did they have another branch on Kings Walk?

Something like the below, Ian? Didn't know there were branches in town, thought it was a Daybrook business, obviously not!

Recall being bought my first 'cool' clothing at Steeples.

221115_A1.jpg

Gotta have the right tie with it, mate. :)

I think Steeples has been talked about on here before, especially as a supplier of school uniforms. I got took there as a kid by mum and came out looking like Stevie Marriot though!

• Upvote 1

TOO TRUE Stu,...............nice pair of narrow black Chino's,pair of Dave's boots,to go with em,jobs a gud un'

• Upvote 1

Nothing wrong with looking like a top face Stu,my number was less Carnaby St.and more Clarendon st.

No indeed!

It's funny you should say that - it's the road I work on (not Carnaby Street!)