Other Android STB's

Been looking around for the latest android stb's, was thinking of upgrading from the Matricom G box to their Q box, but I've spotted another make that has octa core processor, whereas the Q box only has a quad core processor..

Not much difference in the price either.

Idroidnation has the most up to date OS too, but 2gb of ram and 8gb internal storage against the Q boxes 16gb of internal storage, but the Idroidnation can use a 64gb SD card to store data on as an extra.

There is no answer to that ayup ! .............unless you trying to wind me up..............lol.

• Upvote 1

Less buffering, some of which is caused by too small a processor, and not enough storage memory.

Ive always had trouble with my 'small processor'.................but have been well 'buffered in my time..........

• Upvote 1

Don't you listen to ' em Ayeup, my son has just purchased a keyboard based composing machine..complete with syth pads and all synching stuff,he spent 6 hours yesterday via my speakers,laptop,and amps..you'd get on swell together!!

Not into music keyboards though, nor composing.

# 12 caftan..................what you trying to say ?

and all the best for today mate..........

• Upvote 1

Ben, skip this post :ninja:

The problem with the boxes (and electronics in general) is that the tech changes constantly, almost on a daily basis. Whatever you buy today will be out of date by Tuesday. Personally I think a quad core is sufficient and far more than is required for what the box does, just go for as much memory as you can get.

• Upvote 1

As there is little difference in price between the Matricom Q box with quad core and the Idroidnation octa core, and the Indroidnation can be memory expanded to 64Gbs, whereas the Q box cannot, I'm going for the Indroidnation.

I totally agree on the way technology is moving, been saying that for years. But at least I might as well take advantage of having speed and storage right now.

I got caught out with Matricom two year back when I bought a second unit for the bedroom, shortly after they stopped producing new software for it, then introduced their Q box, which really is now outdated, and I suspect Matricom have a further upgraded "octa box" being designed as I type.

The Q box only has two USB ports, which leaves little room for external devices, ie wireless controller/mouse/keyboard, then external hard drives etc. The old G boxes have four USB ports, I use three at present time.

The Idroidnation has three USB ports.

Errrr Ben, close your eyes..

• Upvote 1