I think that's all old information Steve, I don't think there are any TV stations running below the UHF bands now, most of the old VHF frequencies are up for grabs via auctions to the top bidder. "low band and high band' have been reserved for police and emergency use for years, they are either side of the ham 2 metre band. Local police around here use high band, state police use low band. City police use digitally encoded high band.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hooked it up and tried it a year or two ago, John.   Got around fifteen channels out of the Atlanta area.  Mrs L didn't like it because we couldn't get some of her favorite cable channels. H&G etc

These are the ones I remember. http://m3fon.tripod.com/freq.htm 152mhz CH1 VHF Sherwood Lodge was Traffic in the County CH2 VHF was special events CH3 VHF was Traffic City and Suburbs 451mhz was

Riveting though your question is Colly................I can honestly say its never crossed my mind..........or ever likely to.............lol.

Asked about VHF digital TV on a USA site & they say there's still a few VHF TX's left on high band, I understand most areas are now UHF only like it's been de-facto here in UK since the early 70's. When I was in Miami & watching low bad VHF TV on channels 2, 4 & 6 it was like the old 405 line days with ignition interference from passing motor bikes..