• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sad when anyone dies so R.I.P. David Bowie. I've had enough now though. 12 hours of major news channels with half a dozen songs on a loop and all the arty farty commentators analysing his contributio

My view http://wp.me/p71U2g-gI

I liked this tribute from a non-fan. Beautifully written and highly gracious. Well worth five minutes of anyone's time - admirer or not. 'So I sat on the train and I read of David Bowie’s failings i

Never a great fan, but I'm absolutely she'll shocked. RIP David.

R. I. P. David Bowie....another talented person lost to us...Won't be anybody left soon if they keep falling off the perch at this rate!

Yes total shock too, you either loved him or hated him but his music was the real thing.

Loved his Ziggy Stardust album and we used to have it blasting away while working at the P.O. Engineers. All on cassettes of course.

R.I.P. Indeed.

Never was a Bowie fan - another of the great over-rated in my opinion, but did like Ashes to Ashes. Listening to Radio 3 this morning and they paid a tribute to him. I wondered what they were going to play. This was it; quite good. Think it is Brian Eno on synths.

• Upvote 2

My first venture into Simons Records in Gedling back in 1969 saw me emerge with a copy of "Space Oddity" (still have it somewhere).

His many changes of style and music may have irritated some fans, but always kept him ahead of the pack.

RIP Starman.

• Upvote 1

Really odd. Yesterday I saw a brief glimpse of the TV promo for his latest album Blackstar and remarked to Mrs Col that 'Bowie really doesn't look well'

I had no idea he was so ill.

TBH, his music never grabbed me, but he was an undouubted great in the pantheon of rock/pop and art.

RIP

Bit of bad timing in todays Daily Mail , (obviously printed before his death announced) , a double page spread written by his former wife Angie , slagging him off somewhat . Apparently she's in Big Brother at the moment .

Bye Bye Brixton Boy,

I am absolutely gutted and saddened at his passing.

A musical genius that pushed the boundaries of music that seeped into our culture, a tearful listening of Black star will take place here.

The earth has lost a star..but the heavens have just gained one!

Radio Nottingham have just let a guy ramble on about the loss of David Bowie and Bowies surprising appearance in a film alongside motor cycling legend Barry Sheen, filmed locally some years a go. Was very interesting. HE WAS TALKING ABOUT DAVID ESSEX.

Not a big fan but I did listen to some of his stuff. He had talent but he was not just a musician. Like Lady Gaga he was a very good business man. He knew what to do to make money.

Obitiuaries on Nottstalgia acknowledge the sad passing of so many musical greats but David Bowie was part of that select few, the true innovator. He didn't follow trends, he created them and kept on creating them. For nearly five decades he produced some brilliant music. A phenomenal talent.

RIP David.

• Upvote 1