I'm with Pete Firbeck and FLY2, I liked about 2 of his numbers and hated others.

I was a mod, we did not wear make up!

Undoubtedly he was an icon, was he another Lennon or Elvis? No

"such crap as the 'Laughing Gnome' " LoL :)

Thanks Pete, gave me a laugh this morning.

• Upvote 2
  • Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sad when anyone dies so R.I.P. David Bowie. I've had enough now though. 12 hours of major news channels with half a dozen songs on a loop and all the arty farty commentators analysing his contributio

My view http://wp.me/p71U2g-gI

I liked this tribute from a non-fan. Beautifully written and highly gracious. Well worth five minutes of anyone's time - admirer or not. 'So I sat on the train and I read of David Bowie’s failings i

I am appalled at how shallow these comments are,is this area of Nottstalgia an obituary section?

You would hardly read in the Post 'John Smith from Hucknall died after a long battle with illness..but I didn't like him!!'

Disgraceful and disrespectful.

Each to their own, as I've stated many times. Freedom of speech and an airing of ones views. Isn't that something YOU strived for last year? Disrespectful, no, it doesn't look that way to me. I didn't say we disliked HIM, only his style of dress, music etc.

Ian ! Just climb down from that high horse for a moment and reflect on other people's views.

I'm with Pete Firbeck and FLY2, I liked about 2 of his numbers and hated others.

I was a mod, we did not wear make up!

Undoubtedly he was an icon, was he another Lennon or Elvis? No

"such crap as the 'Laughing Gnome' " LoL :)

Thanks Pete, gave me a laugh this morning.

A Mod in the 70's, bloody hell Mick, you really were the original Retro!!!

Don't forget Buddy Holly, he really WAS the dogs b@@@@@@s, a life snuffed out when greatness was just being realised, I always felt he would have eclipsed and influenced all we have had since had he lived, don't forget the Beatles were very heavily influenced by him, I recall my brother sobbing when his tragic death was announced.

Incidentally, going back to a previous mention on here, I saw the Groundhogs at the Albert Hall in the early 70's, they were amazing, I recall Tony McPhee leaping into the audience while still playing one of his immortal songs, probably cost me 5 bob or less to see them, the price of concerts now is so ridiculous that we don't bother anymore, sad, but the agents and rip off people involved just stitch you up, the artists should step in and do something about it, but will they, unlikely.

• Upvote 2

NOT HERE THOUGH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

C'mon man, we're not being disrespectful at all, I've said I was not a great fan, so what, that's life, am I supposed to lick ass and weep if Cameron snuffed it tomorrow, I'd rejoice to be honest.

• Upvote 2

Nobody has said ANYTHING bad about the man.

I can't forgive him for making that horrible campy dancing in the street video with Jagger. The British music industry has a good reputation around the world and then they produce garbage like that. It was voted as the most embarrassing video at one time.

• Upvote 2

I quite liked that, probably because it was a Motown tune, and no one here has called Bowie himself, only stated his material was not their taste.

Others would disagree but I put Bolan (RIP) in the same catagory.

I quite liked that, probably because it was a Motown tune, and no one here has called Bowie himself, only stated his material was not their taste.

Others would disagree but I put Bolan (RIP) in the same catagory.

Re Marc Bolan, on the Saturday afternoon prior to the Uni gig he was live in the John Peel Show on Radio 1, playing all sorts of stuff, he was, really fantastic and we were well impressed with the thought of what was to come that night. No chance, it was all ME, ME and performing crap songs in order to receive the adoration of the Teeny Boppers in the crowd. I was stuck standing on a radiator to the right of the throng, otherwise I'd had have given up and gone to the Buttery Bar for a pint of Newccy.

I liked this tribute from a non-fan. Beautifully written and highly gracious. Well worth five minutes of anyone's time - admirer or not.

'So I sat on the train and I read of David Bowie’s failings in early life. His knockbacks. And then I read on to what he achieved in spite of that. It conjured a feeling of inspiration and respect that I rarely feel when it comes to celebrities. To superstars. To artists in the modern world. He took that knock and just kept on rising. He showed what self belief, despite the best attempts at the system to knock it out of you, can achieve.'

https://joemarshallwriting.wordpress.com/2016/01/13/david-bowie-a-tribute-from-a-non-fan/

• Upvote 4
  • 5 months later...