It's good to be Nottstalgic!

And here's some evidence, from testing on mice!

Personally, and I must be talking for the majority here for obvious reasons, looking back at events and people does generally make me happy. I find I tend to look back to happier times and those are the ones that have stuck in my mind more than the other ones.

It's OK to Be Nostalgic. Here's the Science That Proves It.
  • Upvote 3

So true - I often find that something like a snatch of a song heard transports me back to a particular event and I will be smiling for the rest of the day! An example today listening to Blackberry Way I was a 14 year old schoolgirl hanging around the hall where some alterations were taking place, mooning after a young handsome carpenter..... happy days :)

• Upvote 4

If we are talking 71..could be The Hibs?

I don't Google,sorry if wrong Stu.I had lots of mates who were Scottish and for a Bulwell kid was fairly knowledgeable.. down to 3 older Brothers probably. Though in 82 I did don an international shirt and wore it religiously.. upsetting the natives in Henley.. in which I spent the full summer there.

Good for you! How come Scottish mates?

You're maybe right about Willie. Probably in the kids team at Easter Road at that time but I don't recall him making the first team. Do remember him playing for the 'other' lot for a good while. Right good goal poacher wasn't he.

Stu..the power of Google!! Willie was in the youth squad,Had mates at school and then at College then the Mc nabb brothers who sampled a few pints of heavy with me in the Scots Grey!

Fave skids song " Albert Tatlock"..well with a name like Ian,I feel I can get locked and loaded on the 25th!!

#12 MB.............................yes she did Michael.............the Carpenter told me.................lol

• Upvote 2

Courtesy of the Oxford Dictionary..............

Act in a dreamily infatuated manner: ‘Timothy’s mooning over her like a schoolboy’

Yep! Didn't take him for one tonight either. Mrs Loppy took him this morning. I'm still like death warmed over. It came on fast too. I was fine on Monday a.m. By supper time feeling lousy. I think I'm a bit better this afternoon, but I won't be going anywhere for a day or two. I'm barking better than any hound dog.

• Upvote 2

Years ago we were driving down Devon/Cornwall way, down a narrow country lane. We caught up with a line of young people on horseback - couldn't overtake so stayed behind them. In front of us was a young lady and in front of her was a young man. A large space appeared between the two and I moved into it. The young man was totally unaware that this had happened. He stood up in his stirrups and pulled his trousers down, filling our windscreen with a full moon. We eventually overtook the line of horses and the young man was totally unaware that he had a different audience to that he expected.

• Upvote 1