Hatton Garden robbery

Although most of my working life has been working for law and order,i have a sneaking regard for the oldies who commited this crime,a bunch of hardend criminals in their 60s and 70s went for a final fling,robbing in the main tax dodgers, just wondrerd what you all think ?

• Upvote 1

Sometimes audacious crimes of this sort can become romanticised, like the Great Train Robbery. As you say though, these are hardened career criminals and we shouldn't forget that. There may have been tax-dodgers and indeed other criminals who lost valuables in that robbery, but there may have been plenty of honest folk who didn't trust their savings to those other robbers, the banks.

I have no regard for them, they are scumbags. They wouldn't think twice about robbing you.

• Upvote 2

Yes did.nt know that till iread it in this mornings paper NBL,...........Sneaking respect has waned a little.

• Upvote 1

It's interesting that nobody has mentioned the superb work that the police (The Sweeney) did in tracing and catching this scum they are the people who deserve our respect. I have worked with the scum that committed this robbery ( HMP Whitemoor in the 90s) and believe me they are not nice people don't forget Reeder was involved in the murder (along with another scumbag Kenny Noye ) of the police officer in Kent investigating the Brinks mat robbery (Macavoy, Robinson et al) Prison is where they belong and the longer the better

• Upvote 2

Slightly off topic but closely related. I have been watching some of the "Sweeney" series on Youtube. Don't know how true to life it is but old Reagan and his buddies didn't seem to mess about when it came to grabbing villains.

I have a respect for the blokes managing to do what they did, in the way that they did it. It is almost as if they did it "For a bit of a laugh". The one thing that makes them heroes in my book is that they did no actual violence to anyone and only robbed those who could afford to lose. People with no money don't use safe deposit boxes. In fact those whom I have know to use them have been doing so to avoid either tax or alimonies. Many say that they had no insurance but who's fault is that?

• Upvote 1

READ in the 'Sun' today,who they call 'Old Wheezers' on account of several ailments most of em are suffering with,that some 'MOLL' had 'Bubbled' them to the 'Fuzz'............made me laugh anyway,........Reckon it'd make a good film............76 and involved in a £10 million heist,and only caught by being 'Bubbled' by a jilted Moll ?.............my sneaking regard is returning,

• Upvote 1

Can't argue with that NBL............But they did'nt,and we are.................who'd they kill anyway ?

God, the thought of that is terrifying.

• Upvote 2

#16 One of em was tied up with Noye the guy who knifed the undercover copper. He got done for receiving stolen property from the Brinks Mat robbery.

Being slightly to the right of my old mate Genghis Khan I believe in three strikes and your out and not wanting to pay for them to stay in jail for ever the rope seems a logical conclusion.

• Upvote 2