Hatton Garden robbery

It would make a good comedy film..............with Michael Cane and Ray Winstone taking the leading parts...........and a bit of a Cameo for our Babs ?

• Upvote 1
  • 1 month later...

Ten Million £'s worth still missing...................and one of the Gang...........

I've always fantasised about robbing a bank, but you have to go to prison if you do & I don't fancy that, plus I wouldn't want to traumatise the staff so a fantasy it will remain. Good job you can't get locked up for your fantasies or thoughts init?

• Upvote 3

True Colly our village shop was robbed several years ago,the robbers fired a shotgun at the shop ceiling as a warning.. The pellets went up into a walk in wardrobe that their 11 year old son was cowering in! It's the victims after the scum have scarpered that I feel for.

Thing about Hatton Garden, which hadn't occurred to me until mentioned on the telly this evening is that it was NOT a robbery. In law, it was a burglary. There was no violence against persons, no use of arms etc.

It therefore falls into a different category and attracts much lower sentences. I'm certainly not sympathising or siding with the theiving scum who would clearly rather take other people's property than work for a living, but they didn't 'rob' anyone.

Col

• Upvote 1
  • 2 months later...

Just finished reading the book,............and as you say col. no arms used no violence and classed as a Burglary,........nobody knows how much was involved,but it looks pretty certain Basil the mystery man was the only one that may have benefitted...........if he has i say good luck to him,because it seems not many have come forward because most the cash and goods were from ill-gotten gains anyway.............

The book is titled 'Sexy Beasts' by Wensley Clarkson................and i bet they make a film of it.,and depending on what slant they put on it,would make a good comedy.............the last sentence......The last word,now its all over,i suppose i may dare say it's been a most remarkable coup'

Pendlebury,..The Lavender Hill Mob,.......1951.

• 1 year later...
On 16/01/2016 at 6:53 PM, benjamin1945 said:

It would make a good comedy film..............with Michael Cane and Ray Winstone taking the leading parts...........and a bit of a Cameo for our Babs ?

Sorry to quote mesen.............but i read today that they are making a film of it......starring one of my favourite Geezers Ray Winstone..............

Ben, I see a part in the film for you - the look-out man masquerading as the security guard. There could even be a love interest. You'd have to shave the tache off, though.

• Upvote 1
  • 1 year later...

Me too Ian,,just love proper old ''Geezers''.........even their swearing don't sound as vulgar as ours,,.

• Like 1

The daft thing is that I watched a film on TV last week called "The Hatton Garden Job"", it was a full length film. So as good as this new episode was, it was like watching a repeat, complete with the hole boring tool, ( coulda' been the same one). Watching the film though, my missus went to bed as she'd had enough of the language. But she did sit through this episode.

Couldnt help thinking though how ill Tim Spall looked.

I remember driving down Camberwell high street late one night some 20 years ago,,with a local Geezer i was working with,,,conversation went sumat like,,

Whats all them lights in the sky Dave ?

theyre Facking aeroplanes Ben,,

Oh right,,there just seemed so many''

Yes look,,theres another,,a blue one,,oh and a green one,,

Yes ok Dave,,we do have an Airport in Nottingham you know,,

Airport Nottingham ?  its a Facking shed...........,,I do miss my Geezer mates,,got so many tales i could relate about them,,

• Like 1
  • 1 year later...

Just read this topic again.......did they ever catch Basil?......also noticed only   Ian 123,,Colly and Bubble had any time for the ''Old Geezers'''........anyone changed their minds......now we are all locked up anyway ?

If, like the Hatton Garden job, there is only a charge of burglary it is worth serious consideration as a career.

Seven in the gang, 14 million  in gems and a maximum sentance of seven years. Discount 50% for geting rid of stolen goods and 50% remission for good behaviour means for a mere 42 months inside they come out as millionaires... pity about the proceeds of crime act though if they weren't smart enough to tuck the gems away...

• Like 2

There are lots of right geezers in Caper Films, probably my favourite film genre.

Michael Caine starred in a lot of caper movies, the best being The Italian Job, 1969 version, he was good in Dirty Rotten Scoundrels too. Other good ones include Going in Style and of course The Sting.

Who can forget one of TV's greatest geezers Arfur Daley, the late great George Cole who also played Flash Harry, a geezer/spiv in the St Trinians films

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...

Just seen the picture of Jimmy Greaves who has been awarded a MBE in the New Years Honours list. I have to say he looks like a proper geezer, after all he was born in east London.

Still have not forgiven him for the goal in the semi final against Forest but congratulations to him and Ron Flowers for their gongs.

• Like 2

Still waiting for my MBE invite. Might be lost in the post?