Went to an upmarket shopping complex yesterday in Melbourne,& was pleasantly surprised when we came across an English style pub "The Melbourne Lion" even had a bit of a beer garden wasn't even outside!! anyway you get the picture. So in we go,have a look at the wine list I order my drink & my partner goes to order his, when he came back [he had been circling the bar] we were informed that although they are an English style pub they serve only Aussie beer!! you couldn't possibly imagine my partners disappointment,well I wasn't too disappointed I had already started on my wine smile2 but he was disgusted.Fancy that VB & no Speckled Hen. Apparently there might be one pommy beer soon but we don't hold out too much hope for anything else, what a shambles. Pity as the pub was really good & very authentic.

Yeah we do too Baz in most of the pubs , but why I was so surprised is because this was a Pommy pub,not an Aussie swill hole,& it still didn't serve good beer.

We can get most of the pommy stuff,Kilkenny,Guinness,Caffreys etc.even in this little town of Bright in which we live.

Kilkenny Irish Beer

kilkenny.jpg

Caffreys Irish Beer.

1281.jpg

Guinness Irish Beer.

guinness.gif

English Beer.[Local]

index-smll_r5_c3.jpg

Pommy beer! !rulez! Kilkenny, Guinness. kaffreys all Irish Crap apart from Guinness.

Speckled Hen, Crap too. IMO...... bored

Well I will leave it up to you to prove other wise when we come over & have a drink then Den ;)

I gather Shipstones is no more.

Good thing.It was the worst pint of bitter in the world.

I wouldn't have drank it if I didn't get it for nowt.

Baz :ph34r:

I gather Shipstones is no more.

Good thing.It was the worst pint of bitter in the world.

I wouldn't have drank it if I didn't get it for nowt.

Baz :ph34r:

It was always a good laxative though !yada!