Old photos of London pubs

Before the days of Tom Tom and technology when sent out to do a job, many a time we'd have to ask someone the way, and we was nearly always directed to turn left or right at a pub and what names some of these pubs had. one comes to mind 'The Spanker' as I remember it was a place called heage near Ripley. Then there was 'The Squinting Cat.' can't quite remember where it was I think it was in a pit village Derbys. Not sure if there was one called 'The Flying Bedstead, plese correct me if i'm wrong.

In the 70's on Forest away match and England games we used to frequent Snows , The Cockney Pride and Wards Irish House all around Leicester Square and Piccadilly, now turned into stores or Aberdeen Angus Steak houses I think. We were only four England fans in Cockney Pride when it filled up with Scots after our 5-1 thrashing of them... we marched out unscathed to the song of "Alan Ball is illegitimate Alan Balls a B*****d" They could have slaughtered us but they just did it for a laugh thank God.

Benjamin (#4), I can remember going to see a group at the Squinting Cat in Clipstone in the 60's. I was driving my first car, a Vauxhall Wyvern, and the car was full of mates and girlfriends. When we got there we were told that the group hadn't turned up so we had a couple of pints and decided to go back to Nottingham. On the way back I drove round a bend a little too fast and, because of all the people in the car, I just managed to keep it under control. Nobody noticed and I never said anything but it taught me a lesson I'd never forget.