Friends Reunited Website To Close

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Frilly Bloomers and Basques and the women can wear what they like!

Friends Reunited served a purpose for me as I caught up with a lot of school friends and work colleagues and am still in touch with them, in fact several of us meet 2 or 3 times a year for a meal and

When i was a single parent,did'nt mind Shopping,enjoyed Cooking for the Kids mostly tinned Ravioli,tinned taters,tinned Peas,and owt else tinned.Kids helped with the cleaning,did'nt Garden,definatly d

Carni, tried to get on it yesterday and was unsuccessful. Couldn't remember my password. I tried to log on as a NEW member but that didn't work either because my email address is already being used!! It's been years since I logged onto the site so I'm not too bothered anyway.

#24. I was hoping to go to bed! The shirt was for the next morning. I was a full time Baptist preacher at that time. You had to have a white shirt and a dark suit. Lol. Well back in that day. I guess they preach in sweat shirts now.

• Upvote 1

I don't think God bothers about what I wear in church as long as my 'heart' is in the right place.....

And I certainly don't see our church just as a social club - we are all pleased to see each other but the central reason we go is to worship God together.

• Upvote 4

No offence here my good friends!!

I find here in Catholic village..some of the most meanest ,begrudging people are welded to the alter here. When I worked on community schemes in villages, i got into the habit of nipping in to the church,lighting a candle and having a chat with my mate St.Anthony.. i could be in the field srimming- it's well meant and genuine. Quite a few years ago here..I you didn't put your penny in the collection.. you were named from the pulpit!!

I like private prayer..

I have to agree what Margie said, God wouldn't bother how you dressed so long as you were there to worship.

Some of my "old School" habits coming to the surface ! Bit like benjamin, you wouldn't see him strolling into Wetherspoons wearing jeans !

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Name it and shame it! eh? Ian #39

I won't pursue that one any further. Lol. How did we get here from FR website anyway.

Its like the conversations I have with Mrs Loppy. Sometimes we just stop, look at each other and say, "How did we get here?"

I'm gonna blame Ben. Its all his fault. He started all this shirt stuff anyway! LOL.

• Upvote 4

No offence here my good friends!!

I find here in Catholic village..some of the most meanest ,begrudging people are welded to the alter here.

None taken, Ian...and as a Catholic I hope you won't think that of me if we should get to meet for a pint! :)