Has anyone heard from Jackson recently? She hasn't been on Nottstalgia since June 2014 and I'm concerned that she's ok after she suddenly stopped posting. I loved reading her posts as she was eloquent and always had something of interest to say. She is also a lovely lady and I do hope that she is well. :)

• Upvote 7

Yes !!! what has happened to Jackson, I miss reading her posts, always seemed a very happy and lively sort of person. I think we all hope she is well

• Upvote 1

I sent her a PM just before Christmas and as yet not had a reply, I do hope she is ok she's a lovely person

Rog

• Upvote 1

Don't forget that she very sadly lost her son about a couple of years ago, and was distraught.

She was a great asset to this site, and is sadly missed.

Because of the above comments, I will contact her again to try and promote her interest again in Nottstalgia.

• Upvote 3

I Pm'd Christine some time ago to ask if she is ok but had no reply. hope she is bearing up ok. Please mention me to her Chulla, mi duck.

And Melton Stilton is another long term absentee. Any ideas anyone?

Exactly, but just a thought.

Michael, I'm the epitome of an English Gentleman. .. So I've been told.

• Upvote 1

It's strange, because sometimes you almost forget that you haven't actually met most of the people in question. You just read and write with them.

It's an intriguing thought - we know people on a different level through correspondence.

Not sure if you were present K but Christine came out to meet us on at least one occasion when we met in the Elizabethan Bar in the Bell Inn. She is a lovely person - well met indeed.

we just form mental pictures of each other, but after a few posts you almost feel like you have met them.

To save anyone mis-mental picturing me, I'm 6'2, 11 stone, ripped to shreds, six, going on a seven pack with chestnut brown hair down to my shoulders (no dandruff) and, for what it's worth, a cute moustache.

xFbUIJg.png

Incidentally, on Stu's thoughts: "we know people on a different level through correspondence", this is true in many different bits and bobs of life. When I was dabbling with ham radio years ago, I was cajoled to attend a meeting at the Long Eaton Amateur Radio Society and, much against my better judgement, I went. I was prepared for the fact that many (all?) of these people, with whom I'd collaborated on several different projects for years but not physically met, weren't going to look like the mental picture I had of them. The thing that shocked me was the guy out of the lot of them that I really wanted to meet face to face looked exactly as I imagined. I was really disappointed when I asked him if he'd seen the Forest v Southampton result from the game that afternoon and he replied "No sorry, I don't follow sport". Proper put me off.

Edit: Avatars on bulletin boards have a huge effect as well.

As most here know my wife and I currently travel full time down here in Oz, we are termed "Grey Nomads".

I am a member of several bulletin boards with similar minded people, we have one private board with just a 100 members, and if possible catch up to meet with other members if in their area.

We have been invited many times to stay on properties of some members we have we know through the web but have never actually met !

Currently staying on a 12 acre property now in NSW by private invite, we had never actually met till last Wednesday but conversed often for maybe 2-3 years !

The faces were not at all what we expected, but strangely enough we get on really well, we have done this maybe 8-10 times now and never been disappointed.

Very similar to when I came to a Nottstalgia meetup a couple of years ago.

• Upvote 2

BeestonMick, when I lived in California, there were a group of us who got together on 2 metres, of course the mental picture was always there until I attended a monthly breakfast meet up with them...After that I gave up on what hams looked like...The mental picture never matched reality.