The People's History of Pop

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi Kath, I was one of the dancers on that BBC programme.....it was called cool spot and ran for a number of weeks........ I can list the artists, some of whom I became friends with ...... Spencer Dav

Yes Mick,there were some Daft Buggers about,.......came out of the 'Boat' one night and a Forest player of the 60s offered to race me over the Trent for a 'Fiver'......him swimming and me running,....

Not very exciting compared to everyone else's memories of pop music in the '60's, cos I never went to a concert, but I did participate in Hot Ice at the Ice Stadium. The Beeb taped 6 shows, lots of po

• 3 weeks later...

Having gone to see many artists at The Royal Centre..I was very excited when Van Morrison came to Nottingham to perform his Beautiful Vision album.The "no standing" rule was a let down and Ivan had a real scob on.

Worse was the concert review in the next day's Evening Post:

"The song 'Cleaning Windows' was a poor version of George Formbys hit"!!!!

Come on then Chrissie, who were they !

• 2 months later...

Theatre Royal 1962. Joe Brown and the Bruvvers, Tornados and Vince Eager. If there were any more I can't remember and it was the first gig I went to. Last month I saw Black Sabbath so I'm still rocking.

• 3 years later...