We were commenting today about the way a particular thread can wander all over the place from its original idea. I must confess to being guilty of doing that on occasion. Not really intentionally I might add. It just happens. Often pulls up some good memories along the way.

Like my Beagle on a walk. His nose is always to the ground, but then he catches another scent and pulls off on a totally different direction. The first scent presumably completely forgotten.

SOOOOO! I wondered if such a thread would be useful. No political or religious arguments etc. Usual forum rules.

If the mods don't like the idea feel welcome to delete this thread I would not be offended. Just a crazy random thought.

• Upvote 3
  • Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Swans on Loch Watten for PeverilPeril: Loch Watten in December: Loch Watten in summer: Trout (Brown) fishing boats on Loch Watten:

I'm probably not the first to mention this, but wouldn't it be neat if the actress Tuppence Middleton ('Dickensian', 'War & Peace') were to marry the Welsh rugby player Leigh Halfpenny?

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in (y)our philosophy. (Hamlet) I would like to think there are large creatures living in deep lochs - there would probably be m

I used to belong to a small independent ISP based in Shetland called "Zetnet". One of the rules was "Thread drift is obligatory" :)

• Upvote 3

Speaking of which, the temperature here has risen above zero degrees for the first time since last Wednesday! Currently 1°C and feeling positively tropical.

Thinking of freezing points 0 deg C = 32 deg F. The 32 made me think about this Tuesdays resting heart rate which was 32! OK, after decades of training I have an athletes heart rate which is usually in the low 40's when rested but 32 was a bit worrying. No symptoms of heart probs so carrying on as normal.

• Upvote 1

On you tube I entered Time Team Nottingham and found a nice episode about the oldest pub in Nottingham.There is a team from The Trip To Jerusalem,

The Salutation and The Bell competing against each other over three days.Ithink it is about the mid 90s.

I found it a nice 40 minute watch.

• Upvote 3

Ever been embarrassed when you forget someones name ?............well had a random thought this morning,how lucky we are in Notts,we get away with it.......we just say Duck........to male or female.,and they don't realise we'd forgot their name.

• Upvote 5

We were commenting today about the way a particular thread can wander all over the place from its original idea. I must confess to being guilty of doing that on occasion. Not really intentionally I might add. It just happens. Often pulls up some good memories along the way.

If threads didn't wander a bit (if they came to a dead stop when the original subject was exhausted) this forum would be about 10% of the size it actually is.

• Upvote 2

I remember a programme from way back called "pinpoint" which was like a travelodge starting at one point and coming back affer about a 15 min journey in film back to the starting point(if you follow me).This is what I try to do in my threads if i can give some room to reply too.

And there I have done it again..

P.S. whats happened to the Bulwell Trolleybus tried to reply to?

P.P.S Found it......

I was in the car this morning and when I switched on the radio I was in the middle of a conversation / interview. The woman's comment was "I realised that my mother didn't have one, so I thought I don't need one"............ It turned out that she was talking about some kitchen gadget ! That's radio 4 for you.

I'm amazed! I woke up this morning thinking that was a crazy idea to post that thread last night. Thought there might be one response. Probably from Ben. Lol. Now I don't know which rabbit trail to follow. :-). Good response, ya'll.

I suppose in a way, having given it some thought this is sort of duplicating "Hows your. Day." Which wonders a lot based on what folks are doing tht day.

Well, I promise we will play nice, Fynger. Not that I can do much about it. Lol.

And No! I am not gerrin a cat, Mick. Actually Mrs Loppy would she loves 'em. I know she would then end up moanin' when it climbed the curtains and fought with Jake. No thanks. Lol.

• Upvote 1

Jake thinks very highly of me as long as I keep filling his dish. :-)

That would really make your day to have the pundits predicting one would croak this year, wouldn't it? We're all gonna go one of these days.

Now! There's a good rabbit trail. "What would you want on your tombstone?" A nice cheerful start to the day. :-)

Ben. #13. I have a big problem forgetting names these days. Meet somebody and have to wing it hoping they will give me some clue as to who they are. Try to wing it by just going along with the conversation while avoiding use of names.

Then, it just randomly comes back to you. I hate that.

• Upvote 3

Surely this thread should have been called The Rambler's Club, then those that don't know any better, would at least think you were all getting some exercise, [apart from flapping yer tonsils]

• Upvote 3