Going past Basford Hall college today, I noticed that the old buildings have been demolished, I presume that this is due to the new building being finished.

I also noticed today that the steelwork is nearly finished for the new KFC on Nuthall road.

Did my course on 'The History & Management of Rock Music' there. Must have been in the mid 80's. Brilliantly enjoyable.

Did my teachers training 730 at Basford Hall Collage Mike Bagley being the Tutor, also did my O' level English.

We had to talk and give a demo on a subject that we knew, at the time I was doing working dog trails with my dog, who was a Rotti. When I took her into the class room most of the students where ready to make a sharp exit, put her in a down position and she would not move till I told her to. She must be the only Rotti who has been to collage.

All worked in External Relations and Marketing Dept Giving students advice on courses, The old college must have a lot of memories for a lot of people.

The Collage's went in with the UN-IS Basford hall, Claredon, People's and maybe other's this is where New Collage Nottingham comes from,. Good thing or Bad I'm not sure yet.

I do know that when I started teaching at Hucknall Further Education Center on Duke St Hucknall we always had plenty of students to fill all the course's in fact we had a waiting list, now HFEC belonged to Basford Hall Collage and it was always on the cards that a new collage would be built on Portland Rd.

Most of you would have heard or seen the new collage

The powers to be have now decided to sell the collage the argument being that they are not getting enough student's to fill the course's I think this is a load of rubbish I think it is being sold for more money is needed for the main college. Lets face it since the Robin Hood line, Tram and all the new houses being built, Hucknall will need its collage's Is it me? that can only see this or are they turning a blind eye.