Middlesborough 0 Forest 1

I didn't see the game but it appears Dougie set his stall out to stop 'em working and it worked. They won it by fighting hard and sticking to the boss' instructions, al la Clough the last time they won there(?) It's a good time for them to get some cohesion.

I think this was definitely the game to set up that way. Most Forest friends of mine say that the problem is when they continurally set up to contain the inferior teams that they should really be attacking and taking the game to though.

As it may appear judging by their away record of late, good intel, cheers.

If only Britt was available, they'd be smashing inferior AND top of the table.

Over the years I've realised nothing in the Championship is done 'til it's done. Can you imagine Forest and Derby in a playoff semi final or, even better, the final?

Are you able to access Notts TV's 'The Boot Room' where you are, Mick?

Friend was talking to Britt on Woodthorpe Park the other week where he was walking his dogs. Hopes to be 'not too long'.

Just that you mentioned 'intel'. Lot of good chat in there I find if you like that sort of thing. A bit like being in the pub with your mates conducting the weekend's post-mortem.

No, I wouldn't count Forest out of gaining a play-off place either. They've not been losing games awhile now and with that confidence and if they can turn a few more of the draws into wins, they could sneak in there. I'd tip them to do well if they did. They have some good players.

Boro have frequently been one of our bogey teams. I feel good to have beaten them up there.

The BBC: "Forest, who also saw Osborn's shot strike a post, started with a game-plan to stifle the home side and executed it to perfection to secure a first win on Teesside since February 1993."

Since Brian Clough?

When I read the title of this thread I thought Middlesbrough had been playing a group of flower sellers hellothere

That's what we let the opposition think, they're thinking the odd dahlia attack and we reply with a tricky tree.

• Upvote 1

Great win , hope we can beat QPR. Looking good now Cohen is getting match fit and then we've got Britt to come. Oliver Burke looks like he can become and Ian Storey-Moore type player. Get shut of the Embargo and we could be coming up Roses (Bubblewrap)

• Upvote 1