For some reason I am not able to post a link to a website, I am on windows 8, and have never really had a problem before, I struggled a couple of times and Catfan told me to move the cursor down a couple of lines before pasting, this worked but now doesn't.

Any suggestions.

I have tried control and V, it is still the same.

When I highlight the address it copies ok.

When I click paste in the reply box, it seems to go through the motions, but nothing appears.

It is a link from NEP, and I have done them before.

I am copying the link from the address bar.

In the bottom right hand corner on the reply page, " More Reply Options " make sure you have a tick in the box " Enable HTML "

Then copy,cut or paste, works for me.

Tompa. Same for me - I have to tick the Enable HTML box. BUT, once I have pasted the link I then have to untick the HTML box. If I don't then only the URL address appears in the message. Unticking the box puts the image in the message with the Start arrow on it. I have come to the opinion that there are many variations as to how links can be pasted in a text. Even people with the same OS and Windows number will find that something will work for one and not for the other.

• Upvote 1

Chulla My HTML box unticks itself, so I have to do it every time I want to copy,or paste

There are a few ways of doing it, but a little complicated explaining it

In the bottom right hand corner on the reply page, " More Reply Options " make sure you have a tick in the box " Enable HTML "

Then copy,cut or paste, works for me.

I never bother with this setting & still works perfectly.

Use Firefox & dump IE !

Thanks for the suggestions, I manage to paste the link.

When I did the reply it was on separate lines, on pasting the link it has put the link, on the same line as the text. Something else I will have to sort out.

I had to tick the box that enables HTML

I just checked the stats for my mining forum for browsers, might come as a surprise but IE is still the most popular browser!!

38.6% IE

21% Chrome.

15% Tablets.

12% Firefox.

And I get many 100s of hits from all over the world on that site, daily.

Wonder if that's related to the age group that inhabit the mining forum, J?

I am regularly amazed that Microsoft don't come up with something better than IE. It's really poor in comparison to its competitors.

Ah right mate. I am out of touch with Microsoft browsers by many years.

I've used Chrome, Firefox and even a Windows version of Safari. I tend to stick with Chrome, it does the job for me.

I've no idea Stu, I remember when all the options we had were IE and Netscape, I hate IE, still do, I've used Firefox since it was first released.