What happend in your life time

And my blood is blue because of Rangers!

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Having read the posts from Fynger I'll just state that if Nottstalgia was an info Site only I wouldn't be logging in every day. In fact, I'd rarely log in at all. The previous posts have mostly agreed

While I largely agree with you. There is only so much Nottingham talk you can do. In my case based on a 25 year history. I can only say so much about Netherfield, Carlton, and Gedling along with my

Its great that future generations will learn much about the Nottingham of our day, I had'nt realised that from its inception thats all it was about,its obviously developed into what it is today by the

It's ironic that Fynger/Kevin's point rings..for me very true!!

Alas my Nottingham 'story' is over,I've shot from the hip,remarked off the cuff but always told the truth from my heart( hence no avatar) just me!

Not wishing to fall on my sword.. just to the chosen 'few' SLAN ABHAILE!!.

Some really s***t things have occurred since '61..

Thatcher being in power.

Demolition of Victoria Station.

'Vienna" being held off the No.1 spot by Joe Dolce.

There have been a lot more crap number ones since then

I cant name any? number ones in the last twenty years....................I could "IF" prompted (maybe ;))

Fynger has a point. If a future researcher is faced with a mountain of waffle, with

say 4% useful information diffused among it, he`ll go elsewhere.

That's what Search Engines are for! Anyway who's to say what's waffle. And is the site only about developing a database of facts?

• Upvote 3

Waffle to one person is a mine of information to another. Someone's so called ultra intelligent writings can be totally boring to someone else. That's life. We've just got to get on with it.

It's ironic that Fynger/Kevin's point rings..for me very true!!

Alas my Nottingham 'story' is over,I've shot from the hip,remarked off the cuff but always told the truth from my heart( hence no avatar) just me!

Not wishing to fall on my sword.. just to the chosen 'few' SLAN ABHAILE!!.

Hope its not over from Ian,.......he blew in about a year ago,and contributed to the full,......with his memories,banter and humour.......I for one reckon we need more like him.................

• Upvote 7

Perhaps he has Michael on FB and PM's.

What happened in my lifetime ? Well you don't want to know.....

I was born 1949.

The world got meaner.

Govt's got meaner.

People got meaner and more self centred.

Thatcher was mean, and encouraged meanness.

See wot I mean...?

• 6 months later...

Voltage is still around 240V. When we harmonised with Europe (much of which uses 220V), we agreed to say it's 230V with a tolerance of +10% and -6%. This means that we (UK) can still generate at 240V. The actual voltage will vary with overall network demands and the load on your 'leg' of the distribution system.

On the other hand, the national grid voltage may have changed in your lifetime. It was 132kV to start with in 1933, was upgraded to 275kV in 1950 and then to 400kV in 1965.