If your life had a soundtrack . . .

carnie. It does tell you what the music is called - Symphony No.8, by Mahler. It is often known as The symphony of a Thousand. Looking at the number of musicians and singers there you can see why they call it that. Note the extra trombones up in the gods, to add as much sound as possible. I wouldn't like to count how many performers there are on that stage.

Loppy. Did you note the sustained organ note at the end? Any idea what key it was - I like to know such things.

Definitely one for the headphones.

• Upvote 1

Can you imagine yourself being the pilot of a Boeing 747 at take-off. Your right hand is pushing forward on the four throttles and the engines are giving about a quarter of million pounds of thrust - all that power at your finger tips. Isn't that just how conductor Simon Rattle feels at the last moments of that piece - all that power in the form of sound, at his finger tips? 'Wow' doesn't describe it adequately.

I'm with Plantfit with Magical Mystery Tour. My alternative would be "Wish You were Here" Pink Floyd.

At my funeral I think "Hello Goodbye" The Beatles, would be nice.

To tell the truth, Chulla I missed the organ component it just blended into that vast wall of sound. I am not very good at being able to tell what note is being played by ear. Probably a six or eight finger chord. I listened on a good pair of Sony headphones and it is awsome for want of a better word. I can't imagine being in Simon Rattle's position. As you say Wow! Is not enough.

• Upvote 1