Traffic Lights In Notts.

Remember when that volcano blew in Iceland a few years ago, all flights were cancelled from the northern hemisphere,notice how the weather picked up during those few days,it warmed up,it was cleaner and clearer,just saying

Rog

• Like 1

And when all flights were stopped over the US after 9/11, there was a similar effect on climate. I believe temperatures fell as the skies cleared.

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, DJ360 said:

I believe temperatures fell as the skies cleared.

Sorry to pee on your strawberries Col but Texas A&M university think low cloud cover was probably responsible. Leeds University and the Met Office claim it would need 200 times the number of aircraft and their contrails to produce the 1 Degree difference that was seen.

Was that just the one Uni then?

• Like 1

Good book to read "Climategate" written by an expert on weather, and he gives the true facts on the "thousands" of experts the media claim the earths temperature is rising and the lies put around by Al "Bore" who has been proven to have made millions out of his lies, not to mention he flies everywhere in a private jet, rides around in very large gas guzzling cars, has a few large mansions that consume more energy in one moth than the average person uses in several years... Talk about hypocrisy..

The book is an exceptional piece of investigative journalism.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, philmayfield said:

The real problem is caused by the overpopulation of the world but no governments want to discuss that. 

It's a convenient argument, and by the way, China introduced population legislation decades ago.

But, most of the Earth's land mass is pretty much empty of people.  The problems exist mainly in cities, which people are drawn to mostly by industry.  This was seen when the industrial revolution hit the UK population with a 'double whammy'.  Increasing mechanisation forced people off the land, and increasing industrialisation forced people into cities.  The results are well documented by Dickens et.al. and the solutions, as ever, lagged long behind the causes.  Of course Malthus came up with his overpopulation theory at about that tiime.  It was a convenient way of blaming the poor for their plight, which was actually brought about by the Industrial Revolution and a failure of those in power to adapt their thinking.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/artcarden/2010/12/15/surplus-population-sorry-mr-scrooge-but-youre-mistaken/#616fb22a5aea

• Like 2
21 minutes ago, DJ360 said:

Was that just the one Uni then?

Nope: University of Wisconsin-Whitewater - Texas A&M - Leeds....

China has now got a major problem with that highly successful piece of legislation, they have an aging population and young married couples aren't having kids like their parents did.

They have now turned to two children families, and more with state permission. Problem is, it's too late, and the population is in dangerous "freefall" with way more dying than reproducing.

Japan's population is dropping too, as are many western nations.

Have you noticed the price of beef lately??

The world cannot produce enough, China's grown an appetite for beef,  around where I live land is being leased out to cattle farmers, every field seems to have cows in it destined for market, luckily all free range.

I wouldn't blame over crowding in cities all on the Industrial Revolution, it was going that way pre the revolution, London was a sick place in the 1600's, Nottingham too was over crowded due to the Enclosure Act.

Gave you a like Phil not because of the pain I could only imagine you were in but the post made me laugh

Rog

I only went to the doctor's a couple of weeks before with a bad throat. He steered the conversation round to a vasectomy, something I'd never even considered. It was a private job (no pun intended) and I think he was getting a kick back from the surgeon. It was done very early on a Saturday morning and I was back working at the factory by nine. Very brave! :biggrin:

• Like 1

Wipe my brow nurse..... kiss me nurse....no.......go on kiss me.....no..... aww why not........... I'm not even supposed to be in bed with you...

• Like 2

Too busy enjoying the effects of climate change in my back yard to be getting to involved here.. You all know I mostly post in the miggle of the night. :)

One thing though.  Being between Liverpool and Manchester Airports, as well as being on one of the major routes for many other Atlantic flights, I can definitely confirm that when conditions are right, 'contrails' can definitely have similar effects to natural clouds.

• Like 2

Wear green tinted glasses then there are no problems with red traffic lights...."Is there a problem officer?"  

Station road in Hucknall near Tesco is choco-block in rush hour now they've bunged all those traffic lights in, it was a lot free'er  flowing when they had the mini roundabouts there... 

• Like 1

Noticed that last week Colly,and I agree it was much better, the light seem to be on stop/go for ages before they change

Rog

I'm not saying contrails have no effect they do but research suggests that they had no appreciable effect for the period post 9/11 in the area we are talking about.

• Like 1

We need to know what colour the buses are Steve,  errr without the green glasses. Do green glasses make the grass look greener??? LOL

• Like 1