Jimmy Spencer

In today's Nottingham Post, it's reported that Notts County are to part company with their ex-Huddersfield sriker, Jimmy Spencer.

http://www.nottinghampost.com/Jimmy-Spencer-leaves-Notts-County-contract/story-28630975-detail/story.html

I attended a few games at Meadow Lane a little while ago, especially in the (latest!) 'Great Escape' season under Shaun Derry and watched this player put on some absolutely terrific displays for the Magpies. For me, he was the most effective player they had in League One.

Playing up front as a target man, his control and strength as time after time he would pull down long passes and clearances and hold the ball until a teammate was in a position to take a lay off were magnificent.

His well documented serious injury sustained the close season before last clearly held back his progress and Notts now have other strong players in that position but I really can't believe they are letting this player go, for me he was playing in a division below his level.

Notts seem to make one poor decision after another...

• 4 weeks later...

Cattle Market, Meadow Lane, the old warehouses. Seems to me to be ripe for development in that area.

• Upvote 1