Anyone who worked at Johnson Precision

I am hoping to make contact with anyone who worked at Johnson Precision in Queens Rd, Nottingham between 1979 & 1980 when I worked there. I know the company no longer exists (or exists as another entity) but would love to know what happened to the company and the administration staff. I left the company in 1980 to return to Australia, I was employed as an Assistant Accountant. I will be in the UK in March and am going to Nottingham for a few days for a 'nostalgic look' at where I spent some great times.

Hopefully someone out there is able to assist me.

Johnsons Precision Engineers on Huntington St. my first job upon leaving school, although it was 1960, lived at broxtowe so caught 62 or 30 bus at Denton Green to city then walked St. James St. Market sq. Queen st. Trinity walk across the square to Victoria Station, (pausiing to check what was on at the Mechanics Cinema then across the Steel Bridge onto Glasshouse St. and round the corner into Johnsons. Now i havent thought of that walk for over 53 years, going to retrace me steps this summer, although i will have a bit of trouble with Mechanics cinema and the steel bridge. seem to remember seeing my first street busker on that bridge and when a train was leaving the statioin lovely smell of smoke and metal from the station. just remembered, foreman, on me first day sent me to the stores for a long weight, (wait), me dim, sat outside the stores for 2 hours, like i said, dim

• Upvote 2
  • 1 year later...

Hello, my father worked at Johnson's Precision from, I believe, the 1960's, but I'm not quite sure exactly when. I remember meeting him often outside the factory opposite the Victoria Centre as a child in the 1970's. In the late 1970's they moved, but my father became very ill and didn't work there for long. I have very fond memories of those days on Perth Street.