Names you like and don't like

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Mine are named after iconic rock gods.....Dave, Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick and Tich.......

colly, I once saw a bunch of photos of cake decorating gone wrong. Someone had called the bakery and asked for Happy Birthday Stephen, it's Stephen with a ph. and the cake said Happy Birthday Phteven.

I have always thought that the like or dislike of a name relies heavily upon who you have previously known with that appellation. What, in the intervening years, has become of Miranda, Celia, Delia, H

My maternal grandfather (died before I was born) had an interesting middle name, 'Orbit'.

My father's middle name was Archibald which though I thought was not great when I was a kid, I came to understand that, as was often the Scots way, he was named after his mother's maiden name.

I loved both my mums Christian names and she was known by both, Grace, Marian.

I'm one of those people who is very satisfied with my own name. I wouldn't swap it for anything. It's the name my mum and dad gave to me and reflects quite strongly where I come from.

• Upvote 4

I don't think giving your offspring's a middle name that was your mothers maiden name is necessarily Scottish. My family has a Fanny Stapleton Walker and a William Jeyes Cumberpatch. And then there was Isambard Kingdom Brunel. No Scots! Right selection of names there too!

Funny how some older couples names just seem to go together,.......like my Aunts/Uncles,

Fred/Doris

Marg/Dick

Bill/Irene

John/Eileen

Connie/Sonny

Gwen/Harold

Nellie/George

Ron/Brenda

Rose/Harry

Barry/Gwennie

George/Kath

Doris/Blonde

..............just seem right don't ya think ?

Have you been looking at my family tree Benjamin. There are three couples there who I was related to.

• Upvote 1

One was my mum and dad, but I'm not dilvuging which one.