Where would you live today in Nottingham

In my humble opinion, Southwell is very much the most attractive town in Notts. Love the place.

An example of what a place can be like which wasn't ruined in the 60s and 70s by the planners and architects. The opposite of Nottingham and many other places.

Southwell stands out for having no concrete-and-steel ugliness and no high-rise blocks.

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

After renting Private in Carlton........in a place i could'nt really afford.pretty well skint...being a single Parent with several kids but stll working and just returned to Nottingham from a leafy po

Lots of nice places around Notts and elswhere to live..........but i reckon the most important tthing is..........Who you live with............

Don't get me wrong it's not all perfect out here,like I say we have no shops, the pub shut down a few years ago, three buses a day visiting Lincoln or Newark,the mobile post office comes to the villag

hippo girl #21

I used to work not far from there,at the convent(as it was then)as a carer locking after older nuns and also older people who were mainly catholic.Its now been made into apartments,never thought that would happen.It was on college street.

BilboroughShirley (#18), I feel a real sadness in your post regarding Bilborough. You have to remember that you are reading the comments from only a couple of people who are probably just having a bit of fun, as they do with Bulwell and Aspley.

The 'posh' places still have crime and violence just like anywhere else, it's not exclusive to Bilborough.

Not a knock on the area at all Michael but unfortunately I think many who live in the area would cite the various problems that Bilborough has these days. It's not just a couple of people and it's not just Bilborough.

Yes, 'posh' areas as you term them have crime and violence too - off course they do - markedly less of it though.

• Upvote 2

There would be less of it because the 'posh' areas,as I term them, are usually a lot smaller places.

I don't think that's the only reason so we might have to agree to differ on that.

How do you imagine anti-social behaviour, violent offences, etc stack up per head of population in these places you mention compared to some of the larger city conurbations?

Hi crankypig re post 27,

Yes the convent is lovely, my daughter bought a flat by the playhouse , now living in Shanghai but rents it out ......beautiful property and location ......handy for the derby road hostelries !!!!! And the theatre .....

• Upvote 2

It's one of the best areas in town for access to nice pubs, C. The obvious excellent choices on Derby Road and Canning Circus and also places in the castle area such as The Roundhouse and The Crafty Crow a few minutes walk away.

Not a knock on the area at all Michael but unfortunately I think many who live in the area would cite the various problems that Bilborough has these days. It's not just a couple of people and it's not just Bilborough.

Yes, 'posh' areas as you term them have crime and violence too - off course they do - markedly less of it though.

I don't believe the 'Posh' areas have less crime,........just different crime........and not perpetrated by outsiders..........

I don't believe the 'Posh' areas have less crime,........just different crime........and not perpetrated by outsiders..........

To take your point, what sort of crime, Benji?

Violence was mentioned also. There are always many exceptions of course there are but I cannot believe that there is proportionately more or equal violent crime in rural areas.

Really the only other place I would want to live in the Nottinghamshire area would be somewhere off the A60, say Wysall or Bradmore. Not keen on Keyworth though. I quite like Kinoulton too. The only way this could happen though is if I won the lottery but as I don't do it...........................

Yes indeed Benjamin, I get ribbed for living in a bankers belt area..we don't even have a post code..robbers take the swag in a Range Rover as opposed to a battered Subaru!!

Seriously though,I am not intending to cut an acre of lawns and STRIM all day much longer than I have to. Only time I really live is playing badminton in the sun with the kids..and a jug of something near me barbeque.

Hippo,we could be housemates.. LOL!!

If I could afford it Newstead Abbey Grounds, but my money will not reach that far, so I will settle for the council house in slab square. Middle of Nottingham.

• Upvote 2

That'll definitely do for me Bubble.