Where would you live today in Nottingham

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

After renting Private in Carlton........in a place i could'nt really afford.pretty well skint...being a single Parent with several kids but stll working and just returned to Nottingham from a leafy po

Lots of nice places around Notts and elswhere to live..........but i reckon the most important tthing is..........Who you live with............

Don't get me wrong it's not all perfect out here,like I say we have no shops, the pub shut down a few years ago, three buses a day visiting Lincoln or Newark,the mobile post office comes to the villag

For closeness to the city and available shopping (quick drive along the loop road) I think my BIL has it sorted, he lives at Burton Pastures opposite the Carlton le willows school, but right at the rear away from the main road and school noise.

Super quiet and peaceful spot, in his upper rear bedroom where I stay on my returns and I can look out the window over towards Stoke. Can be a bit smelly at times though. And strangely enough the rail line never bothers me at all after the first night I usually sleep pretty good.

Four years ago we nearly bought a small bungalow that backed onto the train line there, but again the thought of winters swayed us as we would probably be back in Oz for those, so would hate to leave a house unoccupied during the worst cold months.

My BIL offered to caretake, but he would probably let it out to some gypo's without us knowing :-))

Problem would be getting my wife back there, as she loves Oz but not so much the uk. now, she's only been back twice in 27 years !

• Upvote 1

Having been out of Nottingham for very many years and only going back now and again for family reunions it would be difficult to say where I would live.

I have happy memories of my time in many places - meadows, St Annes, Radford, Bulwell to name a few - I think we kept moving to be one step ahead of the debt collectors - but I guess the places I lived have long since gone or changed out of all recognition.

A few years ago I visited Highbury Hospital where I did my nursing training and it did bring back lots of wonderful memories. I also went to the sailing club at the bottom of trent lane and remembered the pleasure park that used to be there. I think when I was very little we went on a rowing ferry boat around there.

Best wishes

Peter

• Upvote 3

Did you notice, Catfan, another Bulwellian. Add parmitage to the list. There's a lot of them about.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

What a thing - one of my jobs at the Royal Mail is helping various charities. Well yesterday I visited the local stroke association and they are planning a trip in the summer and want my help and support. They are going to the Sailing Club on Trent Lane and taking a river cruise!!! They even asked me if I knew the place. After what I had posted yesterday you can only say what a small world eh?

Best wishes

Peter

• Upvote 2

I was born and raised in Radford and I do mean born as I was the second child my mum had me at home. I lived in Hucknall and Bulwell for a while when I married but moved back to Radford where I stayed 18 years until I retired. Sadly this working class area has changed and without wishing to offend anyone who still lives there it wasn't a place I wanted to stay. I still go there often as family are still there (a good reason to move away). Don't get me wrong, I love it but it's not the Radrord I was born in.

I now live in the Trent Valley near Southwell. It's lovely and wouldn't change it but if it wasn't for my children and grandchildren I'd be in Dorset. If I had to live in the City I've always liked the Park but you need plenty of money.

# 65. Peter, I can't be 100% sure but I reckon the river cruise place at the bottom of Trent Lane is now closed. That whole area is being redeveloped and a lot of demolition has already taken place.

If we moved back to Nottingham - and we have no plans to do so - I think I would like to live in the same area where I first saw the light of day - Woodthorpe. It's because I'm a curmudgeon who doesn't like change, and that particular area - Pateley Road, specifically - has not changed too dramatically. Of course, I can't actually remember living there, as we moved when I was 18 months old. Would I like to go back to the prefab on Aslockton Drive, Aspley? Erm - no, I don't think so.

• Upvote 3

Although not the most salubrious area of Nottingham, but I like the Carrington / Sherwood area for the selection of pubs, bars, cafés, restaurants and bistros etc. Near to town too. I could manage that!

Although not the most salubrious area of Nottingham, but I like the Carrington / Sherwood area for the selection of pubs, bars, cafés, restaurants and bistros etc. Near to town too. I could manage that!

I think I read somewhere that Sherwood has the widest price range of housing in Nottingham. One or two of the pubs are a bit 'rum' there these days but there's a couple of decent ones. Some decent places to eat too. In addition, Sherwood must have just about the best bus service for the city in Nottingham. It also has a nice park too in Woodthorpe Grange.

• Upvote 3

# 72. Michael, all I know for sure is that a friend of ours has bought the land and got planning to build apartments on the town side of the Riverside Apartments at Colwick ...... where Sven lived during his short spell at Notts County. I have assumed that it was the River Cruise place, seeing as that is next to those apartments.

I would like to live in Mapperley Park, cos if I ever had a dog and lost it it would know its way home.

• Upvote 3