Where would you live today in Nottingham

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

After renting Private in Carlton........in a place i could'nt really afford.pretty well skint...being a single Parent with several kids but stll working and just returned to Nottingham from a leafy po

Lots of nice places around Notts and elswhere to live..........but i reckon the most important tthing is..........Who you live with............

Don't get me wrong it's not all perfect out here,like I say we have no shops, the pub shut down a few years ago, three buses a day visiting Lincoln or Newark,the mobile post office comes to the villag

# 75 Quite honestly Chulla, Mapperley Park has a great community spirit which really came to the fore when Jack was missing. Because we have a community Facebook page I posted on there as soon as he was lost and I was astounded how many people, some I'd never met, were out looking for him, calling his name, leaving food and water for him in our garden. One neighbour was walking around in the middle of the night in his pyjamas because he and his wife were so worried about our little mutt. So along with the help and concern from the Nottstalgia Community, Jack got home.

EDIT :: And then an article was written in Mapperley Park News about Jack's travels from Broxtowe to home.

• Upvote 5

Thanks to everyone for their help and comments I will get the stroke association to check carefully but I am sure they will.

My mum once visited the old Mapperley Hospital when my Grand Dad had a funny turn due to stress. Anyway she met a couple of ladies searching for a ten bob note they had dropped and helped them. She had been at it for about ten minutes even on her hands and knees looking under bushes and asked them when they had lost it. About five years ago they answered!!!

Best wishes

Peter

• Upvote 2

Having lived in West Bridgford and Cotgrave if I came back which I won't I fancy Kinoulton but as I have not been there in 50 years it could be a mistake,you tell me.....

That rang a bell. Fifty odd years ago the cycling club I was in would often have a club run on a Sunday from Gedling to Kinoulton. There was a farmhouse type restaurant there where we would all tank up on beans on toast. After that we'd go into a field outback to roughhouse around, blow off some wind and play a bit of football..

Seem to remember, didn't Kinoulton have some connection to Sir Isaac Newton? Maybe he even lived there. Anyway unless it has changed a lot I think it would probably be a nice place to live.

Well I'm quite happy where I am. We have the mountains an hour away, the Ligurian coast an hour and quarter away, beautiful countryside, lots of sunshine ( if its not foggy or raining) good food and the best wines. Whats more we have lots of festivities during the year. Carnival, wine festival, organised activities for adoptees of vines which invariably end up as feste. Public holidays for any excuse.

Many farms can't get rid of their fruit and veg and almost give them away. Loose wine can be bought straight from the vats at 1.00 per bottle. We have a good selection of shops, bars, restaurants, b& b's and agriturismi.

We are a community of 3000 odd small but compact.

We have quite a diversity of foreigners, me included but also chinese, albanians, macedonians, polish and rumanians. Some good some bad but we live in all tranquility, except when they park their cars right outside the bars on a narrow street and you cant pass !

Sorry didn't read the topic well enough. Nottinghamshire has so many lovely places I wouldn't like to have to choose.

I think all the pro's have left the area now Jake. I have several friends who reside in MP and can confirm that it's a nice quiet select area. I just wish I could afford to live there.

jake. #87

I used to really fancy one of the big houses there but went off the idea when travelling to work when I worked nights as a carer,saw all the prostitutes strolling along looking at every car that passed in case anyone wanted 'business'

Lots of nice places around Notts and elswhere to live..........but i reckon the most important tthing is..........Who you live with............

• Upvote 8

Nottingham is a delightful city and after the 2008 financial crash, it seems to be doing better. Hockley is alive with new bars. Hockley is the new Lace Market (as the Lace market was the new Hockley)

Unrealistically it would be Beeston Fields Drive (I used to go out with a girl who lived there) but Wilford is nice, so is Ruddington.

Last time I was in Nottingham I had a walk across the suspension bridge near the Viccy gardens and there were some lovely houses especially one, which had a beautiful patio which overlooked the river. I think it was formerly owned by an England Test cricketer, but that would be a great place in Nottingham to live.

• Upvote 1

When i was a regulr at Forest matches as a kid Mercury probably looked with envy at the same house with a wooden veranda,always wanted to live there,........funny thing is walked past it this morning,before having breakfeast at 'Olives' on Radclffe rd,and still wanted to live there...........

• Upvote 1

Good Picture Bubble,........so many memories on that Bridge,.......the house i meant was towards Trent Bridge..........

Thats the one on the next corner,............always fancied a 'Veranda'.............thanks cliff-ton..........