Stuck in some blue skin mode. Can't like, edit etc., properly.

I have asked politely. Will someone PLEASE help?

DJ, Sorry you are having such an annoying problem. I know very little about this kind of thing and the only time I have ever changed the skin was to change back to normal from the Christmas theme.

On the very bottom left of my screen there is a sign that says.... Skin by Dumbledore for TPPSkinning.com. Just above that; there is a sign saying Change Theme. I clicked on that and changed mine. I know you will probably have already tried that, but just in case. I hope it works for you.

• Upvote 1

I wonder if you are in the 'IP Board' skin that I usually use.

Try scrolling right down to the bottom left and you'll see 'Change Theme' there. Click on it and a drop down menu will give you options. Try clicking on 'Old School'.

Let us know, Col.

• Upvote 1

I must be in the mobile skin too .

If you use mobile devices more than a laptop , does it automatically default to this mode as I have never tried to alter the skin .

Can't post photos nor do I have the drop down toolbar .

Change Theme button doesn't do anything .

So can someone "do" me too please ?

• Upvote 1

Catfaan,Stu,Carnie,Melissa,and David,.........you all tried to help Col........what about me and me Smilies ?

• Upvote 3

DJ360 was in the mobile skin. I have reset to 'Old School' which is the recommended skin for this board.

Many thanks Mick! And thanks to all other who tried to help.

All ok now. Good thing.. my bottom lip was starting to quiver. Would have been a foot stomping tantrum next!! :)

I do sometimes use my phone to access the site and that seems to be causing the problem, but I can't fix it from either my phone, or my PC.

Guess I'll have to stick to the PC.

P.S. I mostly use Firefox on PC and Google on phone.

Col

I do sometimes use my phone to access the site and that seems to be causing the problem, but I can't fix it from either my phone, or my PC.

Guess I'll have to stick to the PC.

P.S. I mostly use Firefox on PC and Google on phone.

Col

I access Nottstalgia frequently from my Android phone,Colin and it doesn't present a problem nor interfere with my web use on the laptop. I can't detect/remember whether it's a mobile version I use on there (it won't let me enter 'Change theme' but I just have it bookmarked at 'View new content' and it works well.

#9 benjamin, When you click into the reply box, you should automatically have a Pale Blue Bar with all your options displayed on it, appear at the top of the reply box. The seventh one from the left should be a smiley :) click it and you should get a row of smiley options appear at the bottom of the box. Click your Kerser where you want your smiley and then click the one you want and Wallah it should appear?

You can also click "Show All" and you should get a box open down the left side of the reply box with the the smileys. Choose in the same way.

I know you will probably have tried this already; but it's the best I can offer Miduck. Good Luck. :)

Thanks carnie,..............until about 3 wks ago all was fine,but all of a sudden when i try to use a smilie or any other,it just stops me posting,getting fed up with putting bleddy LOL all the time to show i'm being friendly LOL,.............I used to love me Smilies,......just feel all my little benefits are being eroded (sad face with tear) LOL,............know what i mean.............

• Upvote 1

I dont know what you are seeing Benjamin. I know from looking at your account that you should see a smiley icon on your text input box upper menu bar.

You can click on that and it will open a box, with miniature emoticons below the text entry box.

I access the board through android smart phone, it does not reset my skin to mobile when I go back via Chrome browser on Chromebook at home.