Not sure if the spellings correct,did anyone buy anything from here,I think it was on clumber street,.Anyway I saved for ages and bought a fur coat from there,wouldn't be allowed to wear it now though,my god it was so warm.I wonder how many of you have one lurking at the back of the wardrobe.

My mum had a short fur jacket to wear when she got married. I still have it, all carefully wrapped. I did wear it a few times way back in the times when it was not politically incorrect. It kept me very warm! I felt OK about it because the animals died long before I was born and the mammal population balance was very different in those times. Now it is a part of my social history.

There is a Galerie Lafayette in Paris. An amazing store. I did not see fur coats when we went there but I did manage to try on clothes and do all the simple conversation using my recollection of GCE French from BGS. All too expensive for me but I did have some fun! I guess the shop in Nottingham picked the name to make it sound good.

• Upvote 1

I bought a second hand ladies fur jacket off Sneinton Market around the mid 60's in my hippie days.

Cheesecloth shirt and purple flared cords with Paisley inserts. No wonder dad cringed when I went out.

• Upvote 6

I had one too. Black with gold a turquoise patterns on the back resembling a dragon.

Wish I had a fur coat in my wardrobe then I could go in the wardrobe, put the coat on and visit Narnia......

• Upvote 1