St Valentines Day.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

the ironing board cover went down well, but she says she,ll save it for a bit as the christmas one is still good!

Don't forget lads tomorrow is the day. Make sure you get the lady in your life a pressie, be it chocolates, flowers or perfume etc. Show her she's special, for one day anyway ! I'll be taking Mrs C

So sorry for your sadness Stu, I do remember, and I can understand how you must feel now about St Valentines day. I sadly lost my sister two days ago and in a way tomorrow will help in a different w

We don't generally bother I can tell my wife I love her any day (which I do) & I buy her little prezzies quite often(at least twice a year hellothere )

But this year.............................I hope she enjoys the joke ;)

• Upvote 1

I don't think mine appreciated the new set of drill bits, and wood chisels.

• Upvote 3

I'll just say this about St. Valentines Day to those who don't bother with it. Yes, you may tell your partner that you love them everyday and buy them gifts from time to time, as my wife and I do. But, for one day a year courting couples, married couples and even people you may fancy, can make it an extra special day with cards, gifts and flowers. It's just being romantic with someone you love. If you don't celebrate it then that's fine. My wife and I exchanged gifts in the early hours of this morning before we went to bed. When I got home from taking the dog for a run this morning I took her a coffee up as she was still in bed. To see the big smile on her face when she saw all the flowers I'd bought her, as an extra surprise, made it all worthwhile. Stuff like this is like religion, you either believe in it or you don't and no amount of words will change your mind. :)

• Upvote 3

Love it all Micheal. The secret is not to take life to seriously, enjoy it for what it is, Laugh, Love and be happy. This year we have sent each other cards, gifts and a dinner date for this evening. We have also sent Cards to our Daughter and Granddaughter. Made them both happy, That's what it's all about. Laugh when you can, any excuse will do. :Kiss: Happy Valentine Every body.

• Upvote 5

Too true Michael!!

I have always admired your outlook.

Carni,we have sent a card to the kids,full of jokes inside and friendly digs about tidy rooms etc...they are growing so fast,soon they will fly the nest..I am dreading Complan and daytime telly!!

Seriously though..big hugs From Tipperary to all.

Think i gave the Wife a good Valentines this year................she woke up 70 miles from Nottingham her car covered in snow........feeling really good,after all the Wining and Dining......................think i'll go with her next year................lol.

• Upvote 2

After giving each other presents yesterday I still had an ace up my sleeve. I told her that I'd cook her a romantic dinner to round St. Valentines Day off. She was thrilled to bits as I went to the kitchen to prepare the meal. I lit the aromatic candles on the table and got everything ready before calling her to the table. She had a big smile on her face as she entered the room but then her face changed and seemed to have a strange look on it. She sat down and asked me what it was and I told her it was a surprise. She said she could see it was a big surprise. As we were about to start eating she said that she'd left her phone in the car and would I find it for her as she was expecting a call. I went to the car and searched all over but I couldn't find it. When I went back to the table I found she had an empty plate. I asked her why the kitchen window was wide open and she said that she'd eaten the meal too quickly and it'd made her feel hot. I was getting a little annoyed with the dog because it kept whining to go outside. I couldn't understand why because it'd only been out about ten minutes before. Our romantic meal was so special I thought I'd let you see it and let you all wish you'd been there.

Romantic%20Meal.%20Not_zpsches0rfp.jpg

• Upvote 3