St Valentines Day.

Don't forget lads tomorrow is the day.

Make sure you get the lady in your life a pressie, be it chocolates, flowers or perfume etc.

Show her she's special, for one day anyway !

I'll be taking Mrs Catfan to the Lime Kiln for a Hobgoblin transfusion later !

• Upvote 6
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

the ironing board cover went down well, but she says she,ll save it for a bit as the christmas one is still good!

Don't forget lads tomorrow is the day. Make sure you get the lady in your life a pressie, be it chocolates, flowers or perfume etc. Show her she's special, for one day anyway ! I'll be taking Mrs C

So sorry for your sadness Stu, I do remember, and I can understand how you must feel now about St Valentines day. I sadly lost my sister two days ago and in a way tomorrow will help in a different w

Since my partner took her own life just two years ago in early February, St. Valentine's Day has become a day that I'd rather pass quickly.

Unfortunately, there is always the other side of the coin for so many people with all these landmark days and holidays.

• Like 1

So sorry for your sadness Stu, I do remember, and I can understand how you must feel now about St Valentines day.

I sadly lost my sister two days ago and in a way tomorrow will help in a different way to lighten my heart a little. These days, have so many different meanings depending on your circumstances, and I hope you find a way to make the day pass easier for you Stu.

• Upvote 6

Exactly Stu, it was a Christmas Eve when my dad died.

Anyway a dozen Red Roses for a fiver,in Tesco Bulwell,..........they were selling like Hot cakes..........there will be some Happy ladies in Bulwell tomorrow.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Preliminery Wooing not going well,.....'Fancy owt special tonight duck' ?....no we baby sitting' came the sharp reply...........think we having a 'Dinged' Pizza........

Those two years seem to have passed so quickly, Stu. People who lose a loved one will always have the memories and the sorrow in their heart but we learn to live with it. When we lose an elderly parent it's expected but when it's our partner or child then it's so much harder to accept. On days like St. Valentines day and Christmas it just makes things worse. But, life goes on and you just have to get

on with it.

• Upvote 4

Yes, thanks Michael (and Loppy and all). As I read once, you just have to learn to carry these things. There is little other choice.

I went to Southwell today to go the market and do a little shopping and a mooch around for a bit. It was something Sue and I would do frequently on a Saturday afternoon so it felt odd and a bit strange but I always said I'd try to never have any 'no-go' zones, especially somewhere like Southwell where I love.

Life goes on.

• Upvote 1

Some people look upon St. Valentines day as money making and a complete waste of time. Well, I don't and that's why I've got some treats for my wife tomorrow. I've seen what she's bought me but I won't let on that I've seen it. It's a box of my favourite Chocolate Brazils. :)

• Upvote 4