150th Anniversary.

Yes i remember reading somewhere about him being a Pub landlord locally..........he was one of a few local fringe players about in the late 50s early 60s,who we thought would come thru and make good,the likes of Colin Hall,Billy Younger,Johnny Langford,Dennis Alexandra,Ken Simcoe and a young South African goalkeeper called Arthur Lightning............

Not much to celebrate after another defeat last night.............5 games to go and only 9 pts clear of a relagation place.........and more bad news in the Post today..........................Pearson ex Leicester........looks favourite for Managers job..........dear oh dear............

Reports are that Forest are trying to persuade Martin O'neil into the Managers job............PERSUADE !!!!!...........my God,if they need Persuading forget em........

I think that's a smokescreen from the owner to take a bit of pressure off himself

Considering the state that Forest are in I think it would take more than persuasion to coerce the likes of Martin O'Neil to take that particular poisoned chalice. Yes, it would take a lot of persuasion - and much more - to get anybody of any note, especially someone with a decent job already, to come and risk their reputation at a shambles of a club and then be sacked in three months.

In my view they can forget about O'Neill anyway - I could be wrong but I don't think he would touch them with a barge pole.

• Upvote 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Well season just about over,.......players contracts need sorting ie whos coming whos going,what players want to come or stay,when they don't even know who the next manager will be?.........and what state the club is in financially........don't see much hope for next season..........

Ray of hope,........Nottingham Post today, Gus Poyet now being 'touted' think he'd be good choice............cos he's raving mad and likes attacking football,could be interesting at the City ground after-all next season............

• 3 months later...
  • 4 years later...