RIP George................Great Guy...

• Upvote 1

Quite vividly I remember the day George passed,I was working on a Georgian house !!

My Son mentioned it in class at junior school..they had a minutes silence.

I met George at his Henley house in the 1980's...only greeting formalities took place..I think the Royal Enfield I turned up on..was smoking somewhat!!

"Extra Texture" my friend.

George Harrison MBE, was the only one of the Beatles that I liked as a person. When I've watched him being interviewed on the TV and YouTube he always seemed to be a warm, friendly and likable person. I also liked his music, especially his version of 'My Sweet Lord'. He was a follower of Krishna, as stated by hippo girl, but he didn't put it in your face to maximise self publicity, like many others do. He made some fantastic music which will always be there to keep his memory alive.

• Upvote 7

The only Beatle I liked and I seem to be in the majority for once. Down to earth and level headed.

• Upvote 2

I very much enjoyed Martin Scorcese's documentary about George Harrison (Living In The material World) that came out a few years ago.

It confirmed what most of thought about him as a straight bloke who was interested in many things beyond just his music.

Mind, body and spirit.

He lived in the shadow of Lennon and McCartney for many years but proved himself to be a writer of great songs in his own right.

Olivia (his second wife) suggested that he hadn't always been faithful during their time together, and McCartney has confirmed that he was 'red-blooded bloke', but in general he handled fame in a responsible way and didn't succumb to the excesses and trappings of wealth and adulation that even C-list celebrities struggle with today.

He is missed.

• Upvote 2