Garden Fencing

Nice one Colly..........i knew i'd find someone of my 'ilk' on here..........'or sumat heavy'.......love it,.......we aint all got Hammers have we.............lol.

• Upvote 1

Well I've got the correct brackets now from Barnards, right, where's my screws, cordless screwdriver, drill, bits, kneeling pad. Oh bu66er it, it's too cold today.

One of my older cousins had a fencing company many years ago,and it was the nearest i ever got to 'Manual Labour' had a weeks holiday from Marsdens about 1964 and went to work for him putting Fencing around a Sewage Farm nr Ashbourne,...........he gave me a funny shaped Spade for digging the holes for Posts (no gloves just the spade)............it wer'nt for me,but he kept me on for the week because I had a car and picked his men up,but I didn't do any ddigging cos I found 'Wild Tomatoes' growing abundantly around the sewage ponds,and ssold them in the Pear Tree on Bulwell lane after work each day,and shared the profits with him..............lol

• Upvote 3

Nice post Benj,a man after my own heart..always looking to make a little 'extra'. That spade was called a grafter. I worked for a company in Lincs making World Cup Coins..another tale.

Congrats on the five grand postings...solid bloke.Ian.

Coincidence or what. I've just told my daughter to turn down a guy's quote of £360 for 'fix only' 6 No 6 x 6 panels and concrete post. Her mother and me will fix um. My 75th is coming up soon so I'll wait till after that. I've just finished building the back porch so I need something to do. Just take your time. Every bit done is a bit less to do.

Plug and screw the metal clips to the concrete gravel board and screw the bottom rail on the feather edge panels to the clips. Short concrete posts for fixing timber post on to are 'godfathers'.

• Upvote 1
  • 2 years later...