Personal Faults, quirks, frailties and idiosyncrasies.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was asked once at a job interview what my main fault was. 'I'm too honest' I said 'I don't think being too honest is a fault' said the interviewer 'I couldn't give a toss what you think' I replie

My missus says I've got two faults, one I don't listen to her, I don't know what she said after that.

Well, I'm certainly not perfect. I can remember making a mistake once about, let me see, it must have been fourteen years ago I guess...

Well I KNOW that I'm always right!

• Upvote 1

SWMBO says that I never know when to stop. That applies to most of the things I do, from moaning through to digging, when I usually end up moaning about my back!

• Upvote 3

Faults....well better ask my family no doubt there are loads but the one that springs to mind is that whenever I do something I like no matter what it is I put my heart and soul into it and wont stop even if I'm in agony with my back (I have a twisted spine) then when I do stop eventually I can suffer for days but at least I've done what I wanted to do. I'm also forgetful but I suppose that comes with age.

• Upvote 2

#31 NonnaB

That sounds like a good thing to me, wish I was as virtuous. Take care of your back though... I'm afraid I'll start something, then 10 minutes in stop for a cuppa, then I can't be bothered to restart it & it remains un-finished. SWMBO then goes into a strop for some reason & I sit there looking ashamed.. :)

• Upvote 1

Col, the best thing to do is what I used to do with my ex. I was very reluctantly wallpapering the bedroom . She came up to inspect my workmanship which was appalling with rips and blotches. She told me never to attempt it again. I didn't.

So, make a balls up and hopefully she'll do the jobs in future.

• Upvote 1

Things just generally seem to irritate me more than they used to. Mayby I'm just turning into a grumpy old man. If so I shall wear the badge with pride. The Royal order of Curmudgeons.

I don't get irritated with my Nottingham buddies though. They might get irritated back and I don't need an internet feud. :-)

• Upvote 2

On the first post on this thread, you said no one is perfect. Well I beg to differ. I am perfect. That is a perfect idiot most of the time. Also a perfect moaning old git. The list is endless.

• Upvote 1

Oh and all those thingummies? Well what is right with me is the shorter list. I don't know right from left (I believe it is a form of dyslexia), can't ever remember names (never could). I talk to much. I keep repeating myself. I keep repeating myself. I keep repeating myself. Oh dear.

• Upvote 1

I double check the quantity of water in the kettle now, therefore that makes me perfect now. LOL

• Upvote 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Well I'm gobsmacked. I thought my maths was pretty good, but I've just been informed that 2+2 = 4, and not somewhere between 5 and 7. Oh well.

About the same time as my last Stephen.

Channel hopping on tv

Moaning at tv so called celebrities

too fastidious with my clothes

Not visiting my kids at theirs

Get up too early

Generally reminising (bleddy Nostalgic)

Can't walk away from confrontations

Hypochondriac (yes had to look the spelling up)

Tend to be a bit Leary ((when ive nowt to be leary about)

The above list was supplied by my Wife.................i don't agree with the Leary bit cos i think i'm great........lol.

I'm a perfectionist, can't stand "bodge ups".

Can't stand obnoxious brats (other peoples out of control children).

Screaming kids in shops, restaurants etc. see above.

No patience as I get older, so get frustrated easily.

And in frustration I swear obscenities at annoying things, which gets my wife angry as I never used to swear in front of her ever.

• Upvote 2
  • 3 weeks later...

I've been told that I should dry pots immediately after washing, and not leave them on the draining board.

Well I assumed that's what the draining board was for.

If I've had a mug of coffee at 11, and I intend having a tea at 1pm, then drying said mug, putting it away into the cupboard, then getting it out again two hours later is a complete waste of time and energy.

A fault? ..... No way...... It's sensible thinking on my behalf.

• Upvote 2

You've had long enough Michael. Ok, I'll admit it, you're perfect. There you go, a compliment from me.

I'm not grumpy, sarcastic or just plain nasty, so therefore I must be perfect too. LOL

• Upvote 1

Through out my working life I was forced to undergo those stupid and utterly useless character assessments and mine always came back saying that I did not suffer fools gladly. So thinking more about it I thought I had made a mistake once but I was wrong.

• Upvote 1