• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Shop lifters, at first I thought it said shirt lifters - phew !!!!

When we had our Beer Off; shop lifting was a big problem, ranging from the Children nicking sweets or climbing the fence, stealing the empties and then bringing them in for the deposit back. We used

True about the managers ....probably can't do it now with computerisation and scanning but I remember when a supermarket manager had his own till that wasn't on the records . Everything that went in t

Could  be a gun over here :Shock:. I was in Wal Mart this morning and noticed a really high number of security cameras hanging from the ceiling.  Can't even scratch yer posterior in there without being watched. :biggrin:

• Like 1

It amazes me what they can seemingly get away with. A year or so ago I was told of a bloke you could order a bathroom suite from, you told him what you wanted and off he would go to ring a couple of days later to ask what tiles you wanted, he also did boilers.

The guy who told me was a plumber who had used him and he was asking me if I wanted the phone number so it seemed genuine, me I didn't want to get mixed up in that, working for renting agencies I need to keep a clean sheet and a good reputation.

• Like 1

I was a security guard at East Mids airport Hilton: they had security camera's installed & did away with us guards. First day without us 4 cars got broke into, none in the weeks before. I then went to Clearways, I dreaded one of the lorries being nicked on my watch, but nothing ever was, phew..

I drove for Clearways in the eighties when we were on 4am starts they left the wagon keys in the front bumper  I recall one old driver went to comet wharehouse  and couldnt raise anyone at the loading dock  He went round to the office and when they raised the shutter the wagon was gone Frank the boss was not pleased meeowed

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Stood outside Zara yesterday for what seemed like an age, while Mrs Red viewed, the amount of stuff coming out of there without being paid for is ridiculous, no one seems to bothered & them door scanners on River Island in Vicky centre are going off all them time & no one comes to even look?   

They would sooner let the 'Lifters' have it away,,and let 'Joe Public' stand the cost,,, instead of employing good ''Thief Catchers''       

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/1/2017 at 12:35 PM, benjamin1945 said:

Good news for shoplifters in Nottingham,..Nottingham Constabulary have said they will not investigate shoplifters,and will stop sending Officers to investigate the thefts,to save money.....Unbelievable !!!

This gives Shoplifters the freedom to rob shops without fear of being caught,.....not only will it cost shops and customers a lot of money,but does not take into account the stress and worry to shop staff, especially older ladies working in small shops until late at night.........

Raised again on the news today,,,NO Prison sentences for shoplifters.........and now even Burglers...........

1 hour ago, benjamin1945 said:

Raised again on the news today,,,NO Prison sentences for shoplifters.........and now even Burglers...........

And quite right too, bein banged up is agin yer ooman rights innit. ent yer got no idea ow much a iphone is? can't afford one on benefits after yer pays fer wacky backy n stuff no worramean?

Gorra get yer wedge from somewhere enni

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • 3 months later...

Thought i'd switch to the proper thread,,ref  Shoplifters,,

also thought i'd mention out of interest the top ten items from a normal Supermarket that get nicked..in my experience,,

1/ Coffee

2/ Razor blades

3/ Spirits

4/ Corned Beef

5/ Salmon

6/ Meat Joints

7/ Cheese

8/Cooked meats

9/ Batteries

10/ Chocolates

• 10 months later...

When I was younger and naive, i worked for a chap in a garage under the arches on Arkwright st. Whenever we had a Ford to repair he would go out and get the spares and always came back with a lot more than we required. One day two cid chaps came in and asked for the proprietor. I told them he was out getting some spares. They said that they would wait, on his return, they took him to one side, had a few words, looked in the boot of his car and arrested him.

Apparently,  he had been getting the spares from Hooleys, and he had a mate that supplied them!!. Can't remember the sentence, but needless to say, my work there was finished!!

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Sat on the council house steps yesterday while Mrs Red nipped in Primark, I say nipped she must have been in there for an hour & half, I was offered the purchase of a coat by a youth with his jeans halfway down his legs, I offered him my belt. 

• Like 1
6 hours ago, radfordred said:

Sat on the council house steps yesterday while Mrs Red nipped in Primark, I say nipped she must have been in there for an hour & half, I was offered the purchase of a coat by a youth with his jeans halfway down his legs, I offered him my belt. 

Reminds me of years ago when 2 Italian lads came to work in Nottingham. One of them didnt have a coat so he bought one from someone in Market Square who was selling them cheap. So this lad put his new coat on and was fine until it rained, it fell to pieces it was made from cardboard.

• Like 1
On 3/2/2016 at 10:40 PM, crankypig said:

In (little)Waitrose last week i was doing a bit of shopping ,the security man was walking round the store as usual..,when all of a sudden he and two policemen were leading a handcuffed lad out of the shop! good to see the security bloke is doing a good job.

Not so good in the 99p shop in broad marsh,it was a while ago that I saw two teenagers stuffing sweets in their hoodies .I told the person on the till but he just shrugged,I know it's only 99p,but it's still stealing.

That poundworld hate when you ask em how much are yer light bulbs mate ?

When we were nippers we used to go in the sweet shop and ask , how much are yer penny chews mister ????

On 3/2/2016 at 11:20 PM, benjamin1945 said:

Its called 'Grazing' Michael,.........ignorant people do it,......usually they are just asked to refrain..........

Should put up a sign in the shop PLEASE LEAVE THE GRAZING TO THE COWS THANKYOU !!!

On 3/3/2016 at 4:13 AM, Blondie said:

Shop lifters, at first I thought it said shirt lifters - phew !!!!

You thought they were bum snatchers blondie !!!!