Sometimes a star, or successful performer can surpass their individual achievements by forming a double act. The latest (today) is 'Wiggo & Cav'. Tour De France winner and World Road Race Champion paired up to win an exiting Track World Madison championship this afternoon. Watched the race in my local during my 5th pint of Hobgoblin - life could not be better!

• Upvote 4
  • Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Two Ronnies. No one else even comes close.

Sometimes a star, or successful performer can surpass their individual achievements by forming a double act. The latest (today) is 'Wiggo & Cav'. Tour De France winner and World Road Race Champio

This unusual  pair is worth a look!  

#1, yes PP, it was a fantastic achievement but to be expected from two cycling greats. We watched the race too and I was worried about Cavendish after he fell off, he looked concussed to me! It's been another successful championship for GB Cycling.

• Upvote 2

It's well time that Peter Taylor was duly recognised with a statue alongside Cloughie.

• Upvote 1

Well it's not alongside Cloughie. We'll have to start a collection. I'll donate my £5 winnings.

Taylor was the talent spotter, Cloughie was the motivator. They should ALWAYS be looked upon as a double act.

• Upvote 1

#1, yes PP, it was a fantastic achievement but to be expected from two cycling greats. We watched the race too and I was worried about Cavendish after he fell off, he looked concussed to me! It's been another successful championship for GB Cycling.

Falling off helped Cav to get going. You must have seen many a rider fall, then to remount and ride out of their skin. Happened to me several times. Did you notice them exchange grins when their break had formed? Spain were perfect break partners, racing for Bronze.

Steve ovett and Sebastian Coe?

Never a double act but great rivals!

Roger Bannister and Chris Brasher. THE sub 4 min mile.

For the great day you'd have to bring Chris Chataway into that and make it a trio.

• Upvote 2