• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Two Ronnies. No one else even comes close.

Sometimes a star, or successful performer can surpass their individual achievements by forming a double act. The latest (today) is 'Wiggo & Cav'. Tour De France winner and World Road Race Champio

This unusual  pair is worth a look!  

If somebody has the audacity to mention Hale & Pace, I will personally maim them. LOL. That's more than I ever did with them !

• Upvote 1

Morecombe and Wise have been a hard act to follow, they were the best.............

• Upvote 1

I could never understand the need to show two men in bed together. Maybe it was just me being cynical in my formative years.

• Upvote 1

I could never understand the need to show two men in bed together. Maybe it was just me being cynical in my formative years.

Things were looked upon as different then, it was all good, clean fun..............

• Upvote 1

Some say. Thin end of the wedge I think. Forgive the pun !

Different generations, different favourites Stu. Same with virtually every aspect of life.

Now you're talking!

FLY2 mentioned the Two Ronnies and I remembered reading a book about Ronnie Corbett's life, written by Corbett. It was a really good read and he mentioned quite a lot about his time with Barker. Some double acts that I remember but not always my kind of humour are: Ant & Dec, Matt Lucas & David Walliams, Little & Large, Cannon & Ball, Frank Skinner & David Baddiel, Mike & Bernie Winters and Tony Hancock & Sid James.

Hinge & Bracket were hilarious and way before their time.

Ant & Dec are tolerable, but the rest..... Oh Michael I'm so sorry (that's all I bloody well seem to do nowadays, apologise to people)

Mike & Bernie Winters...... Oh my God no. Horrendous. Hancock & James..... Not bad, but not a great fan of Sid I'm afraid.

• Upvote 1

I read it and agree wholeheartedly Michael.

• Upvote 1

# 65. Shnorbitz was my sister-in-law's dog, she trained him to work with Bernie Winters, he became so attached to the dog that he adopted him in the end.

• Upvote 3