Woolpack Lane & Lincoln Street

I Worked at City Uniform on Woolpack Lane in 1966. I left there to get married and leave Nottingham, so never actually saw that road again, until we started coming to the Nottstalgia meetups and stayed in the "Ibis Hotel, Fletchergate" from where we started exploring the area.

Weather my memory is failing, I don't know but I can't remember those houses. The pictures show how very old the buildings were. I would be interested as well to know when they were demolished, or did I walk past them 1964 to 66?

There were a few surviving old buildings on the bowling alley side of Woolpack Lane at least until the early 80s, on the left where the fencing is. I think they were demolished when the Arena and Ice place were built.

pSIc3oC.jpg

And there are a couple of surviving old buildings on the other side (looking towards Hockley).

pdUyhMl.jpg

I remember posting that photo of Woolpack Lane previously . (The one with the Hillman Minx and Mini in ) . The thread was to do with the King Of the French pub .

http://nottstalgia.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=10970&view=&hl=&fromsearch=1

I remember my Mother working at "Byards" and I'm pretty sure (but not certain) that it was on Woolpack Lane?

On 07/03/2016 at 0:08 PM, iandawson said:

Thanks Cliff,loved those Commers.wonder what date this was snapped?..1977? Is that our cycling photographers trusty stead?

According to PTP it was 1975, and yes it's Reg's bike.

On 07/03/2016 at 6:08 PM, hippo girl said:

Was woolpack lane at the back of the Nottingham pram company on Goosegate ? can remember parking in their private spot at the back because of all the prams I bought !!!!!!!!

Yes it was. And back in the mid 60s I remember my dad my dad parking down there when we went into town on family trips.

I worked at Boots Print services the old green and cream tiled 30's building opposite Sun Valley,big shutter at the front,ate my chips on Woolpack everyday from Stoney st.chipper,the old man ran it then. Best Boots dpt ever!!

My boss Eric Parker served in the war and gave me a lift in every morning..great stories.

I remember that because it was where we walked once my dad had parked on Woolpack Lane.

There are actually two cut-throughs from Woolpack to Goose Gate, and they both have names. One is Wing Walk (on the left - the Gee Dee one) and the other is Angel Alley (right).

FTjLBnt.jpg

• Upvote 3
On 3/7/2016 at 11:30 AM, iandawson said:

On the upper part of Lincoln Street,there was a row of houses,around the corner from the BT building- Are they still in existence?

One of them is up for sale at the moment. Buy a house in the city centre which is at least 200 years old.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-61722710.html

• 2 years later...

I'm new to the forum, and hope this is the correct place to put my question.  I am trying to decipher the name of an alley on an 1841 census image.   The other names on the same page are Woolpack Lane and Fountain Place.  Any ideas?  Grateful for your thoughts!

image.png.d0ece4bc9a9fb74aed18e7b8932f3b9e.png