George Martin R.I.P.

A true genius of the music world. RIP.

Definitely a genius.

And the great "What if ?"

If the Beatles hadn't met him, would their ability and creativity have remained untapped. And if he hadn't met them, would he have spent the rest of his life producing novelty records.

• Upvote 3

From film scores to stretching the boundaries of musicians and studios alike,George Martin was indeed visionary and talented.

His contribution to our culture..along with his name..will live on.

My Guitar Gently Weeps.

A real loss. A truly humble and gentle man whose effect on British culture was profound and lasting.

Col

• Upvote 2

Just found an early mono record 'with the beatles', recorded by George Martin 1963. Must be one of his first?

Beatles second album IIRC. If it is truly ',mint' etc., could be worth a few quid.

Col

• Upvote 1

Definitely a genius.

And the great "What if ?"

If the Beatles hadn't met him, would their ability and creativity have remained untapped. And if he hadn't met them, would he have spent the rest of his life producing novelty records.

I've been arguing on another forum, that Lennon-McCartney wrote more original and lasting songs before 'Rubber Soul' than most so called songwriters manage in a lifetime. George was a lovely bloke and a great assett to the Beatles, but I reckon they'd have gone down as great songwriters whether or not they met him.

Col